ShopRite stores are committed to pricing accuracy. If the price of an item scans higher than the shelf price, you will get one of that item free, up to $10*. If the shelf price of the item is more than $10, we will void the scanned price and charge you the correct price and deduct $10 off of your purchase*. The following guidelines apply:
- A “shelf price” is the price displayed on the unit price label, the price marked on the item, or on a sign, circular or advertisement issued by the store where you made the purchase.
- If you find a scanning price error on your receipt after leaving the store, you have up to 7 days from the date of purchase to return to the store with your receipt for a ScanRite price adjustment.
- Multiples/Bundled Prices: If an item features a price based on a required purchase of multiple items (such as “Must Buy,” “When You Buy…”) and the scanned price is higher than the shelf price, you will receive one free offer grouping up to $10 or one $10 discount, whichever is less. Additional quantities of the same item(s) scanned within the order will be charged at the correct retail price.
- Price Look Up (PLU) items: If the correct PLU code for an item is entered and the price at the register is higher than the shelf price, you will receive one free item up to $10 or one $10 discount, whichever is less. For random weight items priced by the pound, you will get one free item up to $10 or one $10 discount, whichever is less. Additional quantities of the same item(s) scanned within the order will be charged at the correct retail price.
This policy does not apply to:
- Items prohibited by law, such as milk (except in Maryland and Connecticut), tobacco and pharmacy products, alcoholic beverages and postage stamps.
- Items whose shelf prices have, in the store manager’s opinion, been switched or altered
- Pricing errors that may occur due to power failures, events beyond our control or other events that may impact store computers.
- Pricing on shoprite.com, the ShopRite mobile app or the online circular on shoprite.com.
- Technical failures impacting our electronic shelf-label system.
- Items whose price information is key-entered incorrectly.
* Local regulations may supersede this policy. See customer service for details.