At ShopRite, we want all customers to be satisfied with their purchases. If for some reason you would like to return a product, you can bring it to the store with the original, paper or digital receipt for a full refund or exchange in accordance with the following guidelines:
- Refunds are issued in the form in which payment was made at the time of purchase. If no paper or digital receipt is available, we will use your Price Plus® Club card to verify your purchase. If we are unable to verify purchase with a receipt or Price Plus Card, we may require a valid form of identification, and we will exchange the item or issue a store credit for the lowest sale price within the last 30 days.
- The value of the refund for returns with a receipt will be the price paid on date of purchase, adjusted to reflect any coupons or offers received.
- We accept returns of non-perishable items within 30 days and returns of perishable items within 7 days of purchase.
- Perishable product returns are subject to manager’s discretion, in accordance with our food safety policies and as allowable by law.
- All perishable food items returned to the store are discarded and cannot be resold.
- We will accept returns of products that do not meet quality standards, but cannot accept returns of perishable foods that are purchased in excess or in error (wrong variety, flavor, size, etc.). These returns are costly to the store and the consumer, and also add to the waste stream, impacting the environment.
- We encourage you to freeze such items for future use, or donate them to friends, family or local food banks, pantries or charities.
- Appliances, electronics and other general merchandise may be returned to the store for a refund only if the product is provided in the original and unopened packaging.
- Opened items are subject to manufacturers' warranties and should not be returned to the store. Manufacturers' warranties may apply after 30 days of original purchase date.
- Seasonal/Holiday/Clearance product returns are subject to store manager’s discretion. Items marked “reduced for clearance” or “final sale” are not returnable.
- To return/exchange unopened baby formula (not purchased using WIC), you must provide proof of purchase. Baby formula purchased using WIC cannot be returned due to USDA regulation, but in the event the product is damaged or defective, it can be exchanged for the exact same item.
We cannot issue refunds, credits or exchanges for the following:
- Products that are spoiled or damaged due to a power failure, improper storage or misuse.
- Gift cards, e-gift cards, telephone cards, reloadable debit cards, prepaid passes, tickets, money orders, greeting cards, books, newspapers, magazines or other periodicals, stamps, lottery tickets, beer, wine or other alcoholic beverages (unless allowed by state/ local regulation) or items prohibited by law.
- Refunds or exchanges for purchases made via electronic benefit transfer (EBT), WIC and SNAP (food stamps) are subject to state and federal guidelines.
Other restrictions may apply.