Personal Check Usage Policy
*Previously CHECK-CASHING POLICY
ShopRite offers the convenience of paying for purchases with a personal check in stores, with an authorized ShopRite Price Plus® Club (PPC) card. To obtain authorization for check-payment privileges, visit customer service and present a personal check and an acceptable form of identification, such as a valid driver’s license or a government-issued ID.
- All personal checks must be pre-printed with name and bank account number. If address is not pre-printed, it must be handwritten on the face of the check.
- The first time that a customer presents a check for payment, the check will be accepted for the exact amount of the order, up to $200. This check must clear the bank before another check will be accepted (approximately 10 business days). After the first check clears, the following rules apply:
- Personal checks may be written for up to $30 over the amount of the order.
- Checks must be signed in the presence of the cashier.
- Customers may use one check per day and up to 3 checks within a 7-day period.
- Any check returned by the bank is subject to a returned-check fee, up to the maximum allowable by law.
- All personal checks must be made payable to “ShopRite.”
- We cannot accept any of the following for payment: starter checks, money orders, checks naming two parties as payees, checks made payable to “Cash,” insurance drafts, altered checks, and undated checks.
- We reserve the right to refuse to accept any check presented.