January 18, 2018
Slow Cooker Tailgate Recipes
Tailgating & football kick off parties can be all fun and games, but who wants to spend hours cooking?Let our Expert Butcher and author of The Everyday Meat Guide, Ray Venezia, walk you through his Game Day recipes. These recipes are simple and easy to prepare ahead of time; just add all ingredients, set your slow-cooker to low, and kick off the start to your game day festivities!
Slow-Cooker Tailgate Chili
- 3 lbs of ShopRite fresh coarse ground beef
- 1 package of chili seasoning
- 1 jar of Shoprite salsa
- 1/2 can of beer
- 1 can of refried beans
- 1 small can of Shoprite tomato sauce
- Bread bowl
- Brown 3lbs of fresh Ground Beef in a large skillet. Drain and place in crock pot. Add all other ingredients, except for the bread bowl, to the crock pot.
- Cook ingredients on low for 4 hours, mixing occasionally.
- Serve in a Bread Bowl & Enjoy!
Pulled Pork Sandwiches
- 2-3 lbs Fresh pork butt.
- 1 container Shoprite BBQ Sauce
- 4 large baked potatoes
- ShopRite shredded cheese, for serving
- Favorite roll, for serving
- Place Fresh Pork Butt in slow cooker the day before serving. Top with ShopRite BBQ Sauce and cook on “low” for 6-8 hours.
- Shred Pork and place in fridge overnight.
- The next day, scoop out the middle of the baked potatoes and fill with Pulled Pork
- Top with ShopRite Shredded Cheese and heat for 20-30 minutes on 350 degrees and serve.
- For sandwiches, heat pulled pork in oven for 20-30 minutes at 350 degrees then serve on favorite roll.
Sausage and Peppers Sandwiches
- 1 lb Shoprite store made fresh sweet or hot Italian sausage.
- 2 cups Fresh sliced up peppers and onions
- 1 jar of Shoprite tomato sauce
- Sub rolls, for serving
- Choose your favorite ShopRite fresh Sweet or Hot Italian Sausage
- Place in slow cooker
- Add fresh cut up peppers and onions *subsitute for ShopRite frozen peppers & onions.
- Pour 1 jar of ShopRite tomato sauce over ingredients.
- Cook on “low” for 4-6 hours.
- Serve on subroll