Most really good soups are an all-day affair with some babysitting here and there. This one cooks for 6 hours all by itself before it needs any tending. It’s hearty enough for a full meal on its own and uses frozen ravioli, one of the most versatile ingredients in a busy family’s pantry. Every ingredient is so easy to find at your local ShopRite and you can always be assured the ground beef you buy at ShopRite is ground fresh daily and only sold on the day it was ground. Now that’s fresh!
Take advantage of ShopRite’s new digital coupons, as well. Check each week for new coupons, load them to your ShopRite Price Plus card and shop! Once your card is scanned all the coupons will be deducted from your total. It’s a great clip-free way to save!
SLOW COOKER BEEF RAVIOLI SOUP
Hands-On Time: 10 minutes
Ready In: 7 hours and 30 minutes
2 Tablespoons cooking oil
1/2 cup diced onion
1 clove garlic – minced
1 pound lean ground beef
8 cups beef stock
2 cups baby carrots cut into bite-sized pieces
1 package (13 ounces) ShopRite frozen cheese-filled ravioli
2 cups ShopRite frozen cut green beans
1 bay leaf
1/2 teaspoon crushed dried thyme
8 ounces ShopRite tomato sauce
1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
salt and pepper to taste
1. Brown beef and onion together in oil, adding garlic at the end and stirring well. Drain well and pour into the bottom of a 5 quart slow cooker.
2. Pour in stock and carrots and cook over LOW heat for 6 hours. Check carrots for tenderness.
3. Add ravioli, green beans, bay leaf and thyme. Switch heat setting to HIGH and cook for 1 hour.
4. Stir in tomato sauce and parsley and season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover and heat for another half hour over HIGH heat.
5. Remove bay leaf and serve.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: ShopRite provides POTLUCK bloggers with free products, offers and services for the bloggers to review.