September 27, 2017
4 DIY Grain Bowls for Easy Autumn Meal Prep
Tired of the same lunch sandwiches? Looking for a savory, hearty meal that incorporates plenty of veggies while still hitting all the comfort-food feels? These hearty autumn grain bowls made with our Wholesome Pantry grains are just what you need to spice up mealtime!
Roasted Sweet Potato Kale Farro Bowl
- 1/2 cup sauteed kale
- 1/4 cup roasted chickpeas
- 1/2 cup cooked Wholesome Pantry Farro
- 1/2 cup roasted sweet potatoes
- 1-2 tbsp Wholesome Pantry Hummus or Tahini Butter (optional)
- Layer all items except hummus/tahini in a bowl. Drizzle with hummus or tahini, if desired, and dig in!
Mushroom, Brussel Sprout and Almond Quinoa Bowl
- 1/2 cup cooked Wholesome Pantry Quinoa
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms, roasted
- 1/2 cup roasted brussels sprouts
- 1/4 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1-2 tbsp Wholesome Pantry Almonds, roughly chopped
- Layer all items except almonds in a bowl.
- Sprinkle chopped almonds over top and serve!
Shrimp & Feta Tri Color Quinoa Bowl
- 1/2 cup cooked ShopRite Shrimp
- a few slices of roasted red peppers
- 1/2 cup cooked Wholesome Pantry Tri Color Quinoa
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 2-4 tbsp crumbled feta
- 1-2 tbsp store-bought pesto
- Layer all items except pesto in a bowl.
- Drizzle with pesto and enjoy!
Asian Peanut Chicken Brown Rice Bowl
- 1/2 cup roasted broccoli
- 1/2 cup sliced cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup cooked Wholesome Pantry brown rice
- 1/4 cup shaved carrots
- 3 tbsp Wholesome Pantry Valencia Peanut Butter
- 1-2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1-2 tbsp sesame seeds
- Layer all items except peanut butter, soy sauce and sesame seeds in a bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk peanut butter with 1-2 tbsp of soy sauce until desired consistency is reached.
- Drizzle peanut sauce over bowl and sprinkle with sesame seeds.