September 26, 2017
3 Simple Recipes for #NationalKaleDay ? Kale Yeah!
It’s #NationalKaleDay and we’re celebrating everyone’s favorite leafy green with a few simple recipes we made with our friends at Glory Foods!
Cheesy Kale Pasta
- 6 tbsp ShopRite Imported Olive Oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb Glory Foods kale, thick stems discarded and roughly chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 lb ShopRite thin spaghetti or angel hair pasta
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan or Asiago Cheese
- Heat 3 tbsp of the olive oil in a skillet. Add garlic and kale and saute until the garlic is fragrant and the kale has wilted, about 6-8 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add pasta and cook to desired level of doneness. Drain the pasta in a colander.
- Add sautéed kale/garlic mixture to the pasta and toss. Top with cheese and serve!
Autumn Kale Grain Bowl
- 1/2 cup sauteed Glory Foods Kale
- 1/4 cup roasted chickpeas
- 1/2 cooked Wholesome Pantry Farro
- 1/2 cup roasted sweet potatoes
- 1-2 tbsp Wholesome Pantry Hummus or Tahini Butter (optional)
- Layer all items except hummus/tahini in a bowl. Drizzle with hummus or tahini, if desired, and dig in!
Kale Sausage Tortellini Soup
- 1/2 lb mild (sweet) Italian sausage, crumbled
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cans (14 1/2 ounces each) ShopRite chicken broth
- 1/4 lb Glory Foods kale, stems and center ribs discarded, chopped
- 9 oz frozen tortellini
- Cook and stir sausage, onion, carrots and garlic in 4-quart saucepot or Dutch oven on medium heat until sausage is cooked and vegetables are softened. Add, broth, sage and greens.
- Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and cook 15 minutes. Stir in tortellini and simmer 5 minutes longer.