September 6, 2016
Barilla’s NYCWFF Inspired Recipes
Our friends at Barilla created 6 tasty recipes inspired by the 2016 New York City Wine and Food Festival! Scroll through to find inspiration for your next meal!
Penne Alfredo w/ Roasted Peppers & Parmigiano Cheese
- 1 box Barilla® Pronto™ Penne
- 1 jar roasted red peppers sliced thin
- 1 jar Barilla® Creamy Alfredo sauce
- 1 tbs. parsley chopped
- ½ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese grated
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Pour the whole box of pasta into a large skillet (approximately 12 inches in diameter). Pour 3 cups of cold water into the skillet, ensuring that the liquid covers the pasta.
- Turn on the burner to high, then set your timer for 10 minutes. Optional: add about 1/2 teaspoon of salt to taste.
- Cook on high, stirring occasionally, until ¾ of the liquid has evaporated. Add Alfredo sauce and continue to cook for approximately 2 minutes. Add roasted red peppers and let them heat through.
- Remove skillet from the heat and garnish with parsley and cheese, serve immediately.
Pesto with Penne, Brussels Sprouts, Prosciutto & Parmesan Cheese
- 3 cups Brussels sprouts, quartered
- 1 16 oz. box barilla penne
- 1 jar (6.3 oz.) Barilla pesto
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- ½ cup thin Prosciutto strips, about ¼-inch each
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add Brussels sprouts and cook for 3 minutes. Remove sprouts using a slotted spoon or skimmer; place sprouts in strainer to remove any excess water; set aside. Cook the pasta in the same water according to package directions. Drain the cooked pasta and toss with pesto.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tbsp. of olive oil and sauté the prosciutto for 3 to 5 minutes or until crisp. Remove the meat from the pan, leaving any oil, and drain the meat on a paper towel; set aside. Add the remaining 1 tbsp. of oil to the skillet and sauté the partially-cooked Brussels sprouts for approximately 4 minutes or until the outsides have browned and the sprouts are tender when pierced with the tip of a pairing knife.
- Toss pasta with prosciutto and Brussels sprouts. Season to taste with salt and pepper; garnish with cheese.
Rigatoni with Broccoli & Marinara Sauce
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes quartered
- 1 BOX Barilla® Rigatoni
- 1 JAR Barilla® Marinara
- 15 OUNCES Ricotta Cheese
- 1/2 CUP Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese Freshly Grated
- 1/2 TEASPOON Salt
- 1/8 TEASPOON Black Pepper Freshly Ground
- 3 CUPS Broccoli Florets
- BRING a large pot of water to a boil
- MIX ricotta, Parmigiano cheese, salt and pepper in a large bowl; set aside
- HEAT Marinara Sauce in saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally
- COOK Rigatoni according to package directions, adding broccoli during last 2 minutes of cooking time
- DRAIN pasta, and ADD to saucepan with Barilla® Marinara Sauce
- ADD ricotta mixture to Rigatoni; mix well
- Transfer to serving platter; top with sauce
Ricotta & Spinach Tortelloni with Kale & Pine Nuts
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 package Barilla® Ricotta & Spinach Tortelloni
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 bunch kale chopped
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup Parmigiano Reggiano cheese grated
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- ½ cup pine nuts toasted
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- In a large skillet sauté garlic in olive oil, until slightly yellow in color.
- Add kale and sauté for 3-4 minutes; season with salt and pepper.
- Add chicken broth and reduce by ½.
- Add heavy cream and bring to a simmer; reduce until thickened.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and toss with sauce.
- Remove from the heat and stir in cheese. Top with pine nuts
Fettucini with Creamy Alfredo Chicken and Broccoli
- 1 Box, Barilla Fettucini
- 1 Jar, Barilla Creamy Alfredo
- 3 Cups, Broccoli florets
- 4 Chicken breasts, sliced thin
- ½ Cup, shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Tbsp, Chopped Parsley
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Meanwhile season your chicken with salt and pepper and heat a large skillet. Add 1 Tbsp of olive oil and add the chicken and cook for approximately 3-4 minutes per side. Set the chicken aside to rest. In the same skillet add the Alfredo sauce and bring to a simmer. Cook the pasta according to the directions. When there is approximately 5 minutes left in the cooking time add the broccoli and stir well. Drain the pasta and combine with the sauce. Portion onto separate dishes and top with sliced chicken and garnish with cheese and parsley.
Rotini with Butternut Squash, Vidalia Onions & Gorgonzola
- 1 Pkg, Whole Grain Rotini
- 2 Tbsp, Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small, Vidalia onion, diced
- 1 Medium, Butternut squash, small diced
- ¼ cup, White wine
- 1 Jar, Barilla Tomato and basil sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 10 Basil leaves, thinly sliced
- ½ cup Gorgonzola cheese
Bring a large pot of water to a boil, meanwhile in a large skillet sauté the onions in olive oil for 2-3 minutes or until slightly opaque. Add the butternut squash and increase the heat to high, sauté for 4-5 minutes. Deglaze the pan with white wine and reduce by ¾ then, season the sauce with salt and pepper. Add the sauce and bring to a simmer. Cook the pasta according to the directions, drain and toss the pasta with the warm sauce. Remove the skillet from the heat and toss in the basil and garnish with cheese.