|When the sun is high and the temperature continues to climb, it’s time to cool off with these refreshingly easy Aguas Frescas! Looking for something sweeter? Add a little bit of grilling flare to your classic summer desserts with our easy recipes!|
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 cup water
- ½ medium lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon Wholesome Pantry pure cane sugar
- 2 large mint leaves
- Add all ingredients to your blender and blend until smooth. Add more sweetener if desired. If too thick, add a little more water.
- Serve immediately, over ice.
- Cantaloupe: swap in 1 cup chopped cantaloupe
- Peach Ginger: omit mint and lime, swap in 1 cup chopped peaches 2 tsp fresh ginger and 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- Strawberry Lemonade: omit mint and lime, swap in 1 cup chopped strawberries and 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Cherry Lime: swap in 1 cup chopped cherries
Grilled Fruit Salad
- 6 cups assorted grillable fruit, such as watermelon cubes, canteloupe cubes, mango chunks, chopped pineapple, strawberry halves etc
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup blackberries
- 2 tbsp Wholesome Pantry honey
- 1 -2 tsp ShopRite vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Heat grill or grill pan to medium high heat. Grill all fruit (except blueberries and blackberries in batches, approximately 1 minute per side or until char marks form.
- Let fruit cool slightly, then toss with remaining ingredients.
- Serve and enjoy!
Grilled Strawberry Shortcake Bites
- 1 store bought pound cake, sliced into 1 inch square cubes
- 1 pint strawberries, stems removed and sliced in half longwise
- fresh whipped cream, for serving
- Heat grill or grill pan to medium heat. Brush pound cake and strawberries with a little olive oil and grill about 2 minutes per side, or until char marks form. **If using an outdoor grill, skewer pound cake and strawberries onto metal skewers for easy grilling. If grilling inside on a grill pan, you can just put them directly in the pan.
- Remove from heat and serve either on skewers or with toothpicks for guests to create individual shortcake “bites”. Don’t forget the whipped cream!
Grilled Peach and Nectarines
- 3-4 peaches or nectarines, halved and pits removed
- ShopRite whipped cream
- 3-4 tbsp Wholesome Pantry Almond Granola
- Heat grill or grill pan to medium heat. Brush flesh of peaches and nectarines with a little olive oil, then place flesh side down on grill and grill 1-2 minutes per side or until fruit has softened and charred in a few places.
- Remove from heat; fill centers with whipped cream and top with almond granola.