May 3, 2018
Your Pup Will Flip for these DIY Peanut Butter Dog Treats!
Toss out those old treats for something new and fresh from the oven! It’s Pet Month and we’re showing you how to make easy DIY dog biscuits with just 4 ingredients you can grab at your local ShopRite. Read on for the recipe and get baking!
Peanut Butter & Pumpkin (or Applesauce) Dog Treats
- 1 cup Wholesome Pantry Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup Wholesome Pantry Pumpkin OR Unsweetened Applesauce
- 2 cups ShopRite Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup water, chicken or vegetable broth
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine peanut butter, 1/4 cup of the water/broth and either pumpkin or applesauce in a large bowl. Add flour and stir until a rough dough comes together. If too dry, add more water as needed to make it a pliable dough.
- Roll dough out on lightly floured surface so that it is 1/4 inch thick. Cut into desired shapes for treats, then place on prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 13-16 minutes, or until golden brown. Let cool completely before storing in an airtight container.