March 8, 2018
Positively Perfect Easter Treats with Pepperidge Farm
From simply elegant desserts to kid-friendly cupcakes and animal-themed toast, our friends at Pepperidge Farm have everything you need to throw the perfect party this Easter!
Lemon Cheesecake Mini Tartlets
- 1/2 of a 17.3-ounce package Puff Pastry Sheets(1 sheet), thawed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 of an 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup prepared lemon curd
- 4 ounces thawed frozen whipped topping(about 1/2 cup)
- 36 Fresh raspberries or blueberries
- Heat the oven to 375°F. Lightly grease 36 (1 1/2-inch) mini muffin-pan cups.
- Unfold 1 pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Roll the pastry sheet into a 12-inch square. Cut into 36 (2-inch) squares. Press the pastry squares into the muffin-pan cups. Brush the top edges of the pastry squares with the egg. Prick the centers of the pastries with a fork.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the pastries are golden brown. Using the back of a spoon, press down the centers of the hot pastries to make an indentation. Let the pastries cool in the pans on wire racks for 10 minutes. Remove the pastry cups from the pans and let cool completely on wire racks.
- Beat the cream cheese in a medium bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Beat in the lemon curd. Fold in the whipped topping.
- Pipe or spoon about 1 teaspoon cheese mixture into each pastry cup. Refrigerate for 10 minutes or until the set. Top each tartlet with 1 raspberry.
- Tip: To make ahead, prepare as directed above. Cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours
Petit Fours Berry Shortcakes
- 1 1/2 pint fresh strawberries, cut into 36 slices (about 3 cups)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 of a 17.3-ounce package Puff Pastry Sheets(1 sheet), thawed according to package directions
- 1 container (16 ounces) ShopRite frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 squares (1 ounce each ) semi-sweet chocolate, melted
- Heat the oven to 400°F.
- Toss the strawberries with the sugar in a medium bowl.
- Unfold the pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Cut the pastry into 3 strips along the fold marks. Cut each strip into 3 squares, and cut each square into quarters, making a total of 36 (1 1/4-inch) squares. Place the squares 1-inch apart on greased or parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Bake the pastries for 15 minutes or until they’re golden brown. Remove the pastries from the baking sheets and cool them on wire racks.
- Split each pastry into 2 layers. Spread 1 tablespoon whipped topping on each of 36 bottom layers. Top each with 1 strawberry slice, 1 tablespoon whipped topping and a top pastry layer. Drizzle the chocolate over the pastries.
Easter Egg, Bunny and Chick Cupcakes
- 24 Pepperidge Farm® Milano® Dark Chocolate Cookies
- 4 tubes decorating icing in white, yellow, purple, pink, orange and black
- 1 package ShopRite marshmallows
- Pink sugar crystals
- 1 package vanilla or lemon cake mix, prepared as directed on the box
- 1 container vanilla frosting, dyed green with food coloring
- Decorate the Milano cookies to look like chicks by coating first in yellow icing, then giving two black dots for eyes and an upside orange triangle for a beak.
- Decorate the Milano cookies to look like Easter eggs by coating first in pastel color (such as purple), then drizzling or drawing on a pattern with another color (such as pink or white).
- For the bunnies, first decorate the cookies by coating in white frosting and using the black frosting to draw two dots for eyes and lines for whiskers and a mouth. Use a small amount of pink icing for noses. To create the bunny ears, snip marshmallows with kitchen shears and press sticky part in pink sugar crystals. Attach to back of cookie with more icing.
- Let all cookies dry completely. While drying, pipe green frosting onto the tops of prepared cupcakes to look like grass.
- Once frosting is dry on all the cookies, press the decorated cookies into the tops of the cupcakes.