November 7, 2017
3 Leftover Recipes for Easy Post-Thanksgiving Meals
You’ve made it through Thanksgiving and now the fridge is full of turkey, roasted vegetables, cranberry sauce and more. Keep your post-Thanskgiving meal planning simple and stress-free with these better-for-you, leftover-focused recipes!
Turkey Farro Soup
- 2 tsp ShopRite olive oil
- 1 cup diced onions
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 6-7 carrots, sliced
- 1 tsp no-salt-added garlic and herb seasoning
- 6 cups ShopRite lower-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 3/4 cup Wholesome Pantry farro
- 2 cups leftover roast turkey
- In a large Dutch oven or stock pot heat oil over medium-high heat. Add vegetables and seasoning; cook 7-8 minutes or until vegetables begin to soften. Stir in broth and farro; bring to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 15 minutes.
- Stir in leftover turkey, cook 3 minutes or just until turkey is warmed through and farro is tender. Season with pepper to taste. Ladle soup into bowls, and serve.
Turkey Cranberry Quesadillas
- 2 whole wheat tortillas
- 1-2 tsp leftover Wholesome Pantry cranberry sauce
- 1 cup leftover roast turkey, chopped or shredded
- ShopRite Cooking spray, as needed
- Spread one side of each of the tortillas with some of the cranberry sauce. Add the leftover roasted turkey to only one half of each of the prepared tortillas, then fold tortilla in half. *Note: add 1-2 tsp of leftover creamy brie or yogurt for added texture and flavor.
- Coat a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Add folded tortillas in a single layer. Cook over medium heat 2 minutes per side or until browned. Press down with a spatula to flatten. Cut cooked tortillas in thirds and serve.
Turkey Roasted Vegetable Breakfast Hash
- ShopRite Cooking spray, as needed for the pan
- 1-2 cups assorted leftover roasted vegetables, such as brussels sprouts, sweet potatoes etc
- 1-2 cups leftover roasted turkey, chopped
- 4 Wholesome Pantry Eggs
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium heat.
- Add in leftover turkey and vegetables and saute until heated through. Make 4 wells in the leftover mixture and carefully crack each egg into the wells.
- Heat until eggs are cooked to desired doneness (approx 4-5minutes), covering with a lid if needed to cook the whites. Serve immediately!