October 4, 2017
Eat, Drink and Be Scary with Campbell’s
A chill in the air, a crispness to the leaves, do we spy a ghost hiding behind those trees? It’s time to call up all your favorite witches, wizards, ghosts and ghouls for a scary good time with our friends at Campbell’s!
Mummy Pizza Puffs
Jack o Lantern Stuffed Peppers
- 4 large orange bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 pound 85% lean ground turkey
- 1 cup Swanson® Chicken Broth
- 1 cup Pace® Picante Sauce – Medium
- 1/2 cup uncooked couscous
- 1/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Set the oven to 375°F. Cut the tops off the peppers. Remove and discard the cores and seeds. Reserve the pepper tops. Using a sharp knife, carve a Jack O’Lantern face into each pepper. Place the peppers upright in an 8x8x2-inch baking dish. Chop the carved-out pieces of pepper and reserve.
- Heat the oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion, garlic, reserved chopped pepper and chili powder and cook until the vegetables are tender-crisp, stirring occasionally. Add the turkey and cook until the turkey is cooked through, stirring often to separate meat.
- Stir the broth and picante sauce in the skillet and heat to a boil. Stir in the couscous and remove the skillet from the heat. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes or until the couscous is tender.
- Spoon the turkey mixture into the peppers. Sprinkle with the cheese. Top with the reserved pepper tops.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until the peppers are tender.
- 24 Pepperidge Farm® Milano® Dark Chocolate Cookiesand/or Brussels® Distinctive Cookies and/or Old Fashioned Homestyle Sugar Cookies
- 4 tubes (4.25 ounces each ) decorating icing (black, white, orange and green) or 4 tubes (.68 ounces each) decorating gel (black, white, orange and green)
- 1 tablespoon Orange-colored sugar crystals
- 24 store-purchased frosted cupcake
- Decorate the Milano® cookies using the black and white icing to resemble tombstones and ghosts.
- Decorate the Brussels® or Sugar cookies using the orange and green icing and sugar crystals to resemble pumpkins and spider webs.
- Press the decorated cookies into the tops of the cupcakes.
Halloween Fizzy Bug Juice
- 1 bottle (46 ounces) V8 Splash® Mango Peach orV8 V-Fusion® Peach Mango
- 6 cups lemon lime soda
- 3 cups ice cream (about 6 large scoops)
- Stir the juice and soda in a punch bowl. Add the ice cream.
- Top the ice cream with gummy worms, if desired. Or, use your favorite gummy bugs- they come in all shapes and sizes- even spider-shaped!