Tailgate TV Sweepstakes
TAILGATE TV SWEEPSTAKES AT SHOPRITE® STORES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. THE TAILGATE TV SWEEPSTAKES AT SHOPRITE® STORES (“SWEEPSTAKES”) IS ONLY OPEN TO LEGAL U.S. RESIDENTS RESIDING IN CONNECTICUT, DELAWARE, MARYLAND, NEW JERSEY, NEW YORK OR PENNSYLVANIA THROUGHOUT THE SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD WHO ARE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT THE TIME OF PARTICIPATION. SWEEPSTAKES SHALL BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO UNITED STATES LAW. DO NOT PARTICIPATE IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES UNLESS YOU ARE ELIGIBLE. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. HOW TO ENTER: No purchase, and no entry fee, payment or proof-of-purchase necessary to participate in Sweepstakes. Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:00 p.m. (noon) Eastern Time (“ET”) on December 1, 2013 and ends at 11:59:59 a.m. (noon) ET on February 2, 2014 (“Sweepstakes Period”). Mail-in entries may be postmarked through February 3, 2014.
There are two (2) ways to enter:
(a) Internet: During the Sweepstakes Period, log on to ShopandwinaTV.com (the “Web Site”) and follow the instructions provided to register and submit an online entry. By entering the Sweepstakes via the Web Site, you are consenting to receive emails regarding the Sweepstakes.
(b) Mail-In: Hand print your first and last name, complete street address, daytime phone number, email address, date of birth, and the city/state of your ShopRite store, on a 3 ½” x 5” index card or piece of paper and place your entry into an outer-mailing envelope with appropriate postage and mail it to: Tailgate TV Sweepstakes at ShopRite, PO Box 1018, Dept. 863-735, Young America, MN 55594-1018. Entries must be postmarked by February 3, 2014 and received by February 10, 2014. Each entry must be mailed separately in a hand-addressed, postmarked envelope. No photocopied or mechanically reproduced entries accepted.
Entrants’ personal information will only be used to notify potential winners. Limit one (1) entry per person/email address/household per day, regardless of entry method. Use of any robotic, automatic, programmed or similar entry methods or more than one (1) entry per day will void all entries and result in disqualification. With respect to online entries, a “day” is defined as a twenty-four (24) hour time period beginning at 12:00:00 a.m. ET and ending at the following 11:59:59 p.m. ET, except the first day of the Sweepstakes Period in which case the first day is defined as beginning 12:00:00 p.m. ET and ending 11:59:59 p.m. ET of the same day and the last day of the Sweepstakes Period in which case the last day is defined as beginning 12:00:00 a.m. ET and ending 11:59:59 a.m. ET of the last day of the Sweepstakes Period.
If entering via the Web Site, the name of the person submitting the email address upon Sweepstakes entry must be the name of the person who registered on the Web Site with such email address, and the authorized account holder of such email address, otherwise, entry may be deemed void. In the event of dispute over the identity of a potential winner, an online entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry, and potential winner may be required to provide identification sufficient to show that he/she is the authorized account holder of such email address. It is solely the responsibility of the entrant to notify the Sponsor in writing if the entrant changes his or her email or postal address during the Sweepstakes Period.
You will be entered into the random drawing for the ShopRite store in which you named on your Internet or Mail-in entry. If an entry does not include a Shoprite store city/state location with the entry information, then Sponsor’s administrator will assign the entry to the ShopRite Store nearest winner’s residence.
Data submitted by entrants in connection with this Sweepstakes will be collected and handled in accordance with the Sponsor’s and these Promotion Parties’ Privacy Policies available at http://www.pepsico.com/Privacy-Policy.html; http://www.campbellsoupcompany.com/privacy_policy.asp; http://www.mars.com/global/policies/privacy/pp-english.aspx; http://www.shoprite.com/privacy-policy/.
2. DRAWING: Entries will be grouped by ShopRite store location, and one (1) winner (subject to verification) per store location will be selected from among all eligible entries received for that particular store in a random drawing to take place on or about February 11, 2014. All drawings will be conducted by an independent judging agency whose decisions are final and binding. Odds of winning are solely dependent upon the total number of eligible entries received per store location. Entries submitted during the Sweepstakes Period are only eligible for this Sweepstakes and do not remain eligible for any subsequent sweepstakes. Limit one (1) prize per person/household/mailing address.
3. PRIZES: One (1) Prize will be awarded for each Shoprite store location for a total of two-hundred-sixty-four (264) Prizes. Each winner will receive a 50-inch Flat Screen TV. Winner responsible for set up and installation. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $599 each. Total ARV of all Prizes is up to $158,136.
4. ELIGIBILITY: YOU MUST BE A LEGAL U.S. RESIDENT RESIDING IN CONNECTICUT, DELAWARE, MARYLAND, NEW JERSEY, NEW YORK OR PENNSYLVANIA THROUGHOUT THE SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD AND 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AS OF DECEMBER 1, 2013. Potential winners may be required to provide proof of legal U.S. residency if requested by Sponsor to determine eligibility and as a condition of prize award. Pepsi-Cola Company (“Sponsor”), Pepsi-Cola Company bottlers, Mars Chocolate North America, LLC, Campbell Soup Company, Wakefern Food Corp. and its member companies that operate ShopRite® stores, and all of their respective parents, licensees, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, suppliers, printers, distributors and advertising, promotional and judging agencies (collectively, “Sponsor and Promotion Parties”), the NFL Entities (as defined below), and the immediate family members (parent, child, sibling or spouse of any of the foregoing, including step-parent, step-child or step-sibling) and household members of such individuals (whether related or not) of each, are not eligible to participate or win.
5. GENERAL: This Sweepstakes is void outside of Connecticut, Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania and where prohibited or restricted by law and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. This Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the United States and of the State of New York, without respect to conflict of law doctrines. No substitution of prize is offered, no transfer of prize to a third party is permitted and non-cash prizes may not be redeemed for cash value, except as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event any portion of the prize becomes unavailable. As a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, you agree that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in New York having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participants be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages, including attorneys’ fees, other than participants’ actual out-of-pocket expenses (e.g. costs associated with participating), and participants further waive all rights to have damages multiplied or increased. Prize winners will be solely responsible for paying all applicable federal, state and local taxes on prize. If applicable, prize winners will receive an IRS Form 1099 for the retail value of the prize. No groups, clubs or organizations may enter or win prizes. All other expenses on the receipt and use of the prizes not specifically mentioned herein are solely the responsibility of the winners. Any portion of a prize not accepted by winner will be forfeited. All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
6. CONDUCT: By participating in this Sweepstakes, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the judges that shall be final and binding in all respects and warrants that he/she is eligible to participate in this Sweepstakes. The Official Rules will be posted on the Web Site throughout the Sweepstakes Period. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or Web Site; or to be acting in any manner deemed by Sponsor to be in violation of the Official Rules; or to be acting in any manner deemed by Sponsor to be unsportsmanlike or disruptive, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A USER OR PARTICIPANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
7. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Sponsor and Promotion Parties assume no responsibility or liability for (a) any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, or for any faulty or failed electronic data transmissions; (b) late, lost, stolen, damaged, garbled, incomplete, misaddressed, postage-due or misdirected entries, mail or communications; (c) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of this Sweepstakes; (d) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of the Sweepstakes; (e) inaccessibility or unavailability of the Internet or the Web Site or any combination thereof; and (f) any injury or damage to participants or to any other person’s computer or property which may be related to or resulting from any attempt to participate in the Sweepstakes or download of any materials in the Sweepstakes. Further, Sponsor and judges are not responsible for communications which are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind or any participant’s inability to receive telephone calls or emails for any reason. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned for reasons which may include without limitation, infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, then Sponsor reserves the right at their sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes in whole or in part. In the event of any such cancellation, termination or suspension, a notice will be posted at participating stores and a random drawing may be held from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to such time. Sponsor reserves the right, at their sole discretion, to disqualify any participant (and all of his/her entries) from this Sweepstakes or any other promotion conducted now or in the future by Sponsor or any of its affiliates if he/she tampers with the entry process or if his/her fraud or misconduct affects the integrity of this Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to correct errors in promotional materials.
8. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Potential winners will be notified by phone, email and/or mail at the phone number, email or mailing address provided at the time of entry. Potential winners will be required to respond to the notification within seven (7) days to indicate whether he/she can accept the prize. If no response is received within the time allotted prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. Sponsor is not responsible for any change of phone number, email or mailing address which may result in a potential winner not receiving prize notification. Winners may be required to sign and return to Sponsor an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release with (where lawful) a publicity release within seven (7) days of notification. If any required documents are not returned within the required number of days, or if mail or prize is returned as undeliverable, without a forwarding address, then prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected. Any portion of a prize not accepted by winner shall be forfeited. Prizes will be shipped within 4-6 weeks of winner verification.
9. RELEASE OF LIABILITY: All entrants, as a condition of participation, and all winners, by acceptance of a prize, agree to release Sponsor and Promotion Parties and the NFL Entities (as defined below) from and against any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages or losses to persons and property which may be sustained in connection with accessing the Web Site, submitting an entry or otherwise participating in any aspect of the Sweepstakes, the receipt, ownership or use of any prize awarded, or while preparing for, participating in, and/or traveling to and from any prize-related activity or any typographical or other error in the printing of these Official Rules or the offering or announcement of any prize. The winners shall bear all risk of loss or damage to their prizes and/or prize documentation after it has been delivered. Sponsor makes no representations or warranties of any kind concerning the appearance, performance or safety of any prize; except for any express manufacturer’s warranty as may be included with the prize. Except where prohibited by law, winner grants to Sponsor the right to print, publish, broadcast and use worldwide in any media now known or hereinafter known (including without limitation use online at the Web Site), the winner’s name, voice, statement, picture or other likeness, without additional compensation, for public relations, advertising and promotional purposes as may be determined by Sponsor.
10. WINNERS’ LIST/OFFICIAL RULES REQUESTS: For the names of the winners or a copy of the Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to be received by February 28, 2014 to: Tailgate TV Sweepstakes at ShopRite (indicate “Winner’s List” or “Official Rules”) Request, Dept. 863-735, P.O. Box 3000, Young America, MN 55558-3000.
11. SPONSOR: Pepsi-Cola Company, 700 Anderson Hill Road, Purchase, NY 10577.
12. QUESTIONS REGARDING THIS SWEEPSTAKES?: Send an email to email@example.com.
13. THE NFL ENTITIES: The National Football League, its member professional football clubs, NFL Ventures, Inc., NFL Ventures, L.P., NFL Properties LLC, NFL Enterprises LLC and each of their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, shareholders, officers, directors, agents, representatives, and employees (collectively, the “NFL Entities”) will have no liability or responsibility for any claim arising in connection with participation in this sweepstakes or any prize awarded. The NFL Entities have not offered or sponsored this sweepstakes in any way.