December 12, 2016
Stocking Stuffers and Party Apps for the Holiday Health Nut
With the hectic holiday season upon us, it can seem overwhelming to stick to your health and wellness goals. We asked our Registered Dietitians for their favorite ways to enjoy the holidays without overindulging and they came back with party appetizers and stocking stuffers to satisfy any holiday health nut!
Part 1: Better for You Party Appetizers
Hosting a holiday party this season? Don’t stress! Here are just a few appetizers and small bites that can keep you on track this month:
Here are just a few of our Dietitians’ favorite choices:
- Homemade strawberry cream cheese dip : mix 1 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt with 1 cup softened reduced fat strawberry cream cheese. Serve with fruit or graham crackers.
- Mini taco bites – stack multi-grain tortilla scoops with beans, ground turkey, shredded romaine, salsa, reduced fat cheese and serve!
- Balsamic Triscuits topped with fresh mozzarella, roasted red pepper, basil + pesto.
- Winter Fruit Salsa – combine chopped cranberries, lime juice, an onion and a jalapeno for a sweet and spicy twist to classic salsa!
- Plain Triscuit crackers topped with pear, goat cheese & honey
- Hummus and veggies – can’t beat a classic!
- Sabra Veggie Fusions Guacamole or Greek Yogurt Dip with veggies
- Wee Brie and Multi/Whole Grain Pretzels
Part 2: Better-For-You Stocking Stuffers
Swap out the sweets for just a couple of these fun and tasty stocking stuffers and your friends will be thanking you well into the New Year!
Our Dietitians’ favorite choices:
- Justin’s to-go almond butter packets
- Tetley Peppermint Tea
- Bigelow Cranberry Hibiscus Tea
- ShopRite Coffee Pods
- KIND bars, Lara Bars, Think Thin bars, Nature Valley bars, RX Bars
- Measuring spoons for healthy holiday baking
- Protein powders like Kashi Go Lean, Vega Protein
- Trail mix
- Chef’s Cut Beef jerky
- Bare Chips Dried fruit
- Nib Mor Dark Chocolate