ShopRite Specialty Program FAQ's
What is the ShopRite Specialty program?
At ShopRite Pharmacy, we've expanded our services to provide additional support to our customers taking specialty medications for such conditions as Crohn's Disease, Hepatitis, Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Multiple Sclerosis and more. Our Specialty Team is here to assist you in managing your care, a service we provide Free to our customers.
How will the ShopRite Program help me manage my condition?
The ShopRite Specialty Team will work with your medical team to help you manage your chronic medical condition.
- We will contact your insurance plan and doctor to help with prior authorizations and benefits verification.
- We will contact you to explain your coverage and out of pocket expense. If applicable, we will research copay and reimbursement assistance to lower your cost whenever possible.
- Our Specialty Team will provide condition specific resources and side-effect management assistance.
- We will contact you to schedule a convenient time for you to pick up your prescription at your local ShopRite Pharmacy.
- We provide convenient access to clinically-trained pharmacists, nurses and patient care coordinators to answer any questions you may have about the proper use of your specialty medication, condition specific resources and possible side effects. A member of our Specialty Team is available 24/7 to provide support for any questions or concerns you may have about side effects or the proper use of your medication.
- Medication management assistance and refill reminder calls are available to help keep you compliant with your treatment plan.
- When you need refills, we will proactively reach out to your physician to renew expired prescriptions.
My condition isn't on your list of conditions.
The conditions listed are just a few of the most common conditions supported. ShopRite Specialty Pharmacy supports hundreds of conditions. If you do not see your condition listed, contact your local ShopRite Pharmacy. If our team is unable to fill your medication we will work with you to locate a local pharmacy that can help.
How do I join this program?
Your Doctor can send your prescription to your local ShopRite Pharmacy to begin the process. Our Specialty Team will contact you and/or your Doctor if additional information is required to fill your medication. A member of our Team will contact you to arrange a time that is convenient for you to pick up your medication at your local ShopRite Pharmacy.
Will my Doctor participate in this program?
The ShopRite Specialty Program is designed to assist your doctor and medical team to keep you compliant with your treatment plan. There will be no additional effort required by your doctor and their staff. Our goal is to assist your Doctor in coordinating any additional information necessary to fill your prescription. We provide counseling and support for your questions or concerns as well as information about the proper use of your medications.
What if I have questions about my medications and my local ShopRite Pharmacy is closed?
We provide convenient access to clinically-trained pharmacists, nurses and patient care coordinators to answer any questions you may have about the proper use of your specialty medication, condition specific resources and possible side effects. A member of our Specialty Team is available 24/7 to provide support for any questions or concerns you may have about side effects or the proper use of your medication.