Explore the Grill-Abilities Sweepstakes
Explore the Grill-Abilities Sweepstakes at ShopRite® and PriceRite® Official Rules
THE FOLLOWING SWEEPSTAKES IS INTENDED FOR PLAY IN THE UNITED STATES ONLY AND SHALL ONLY BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO UNITED STATES LAW. DO NOT PLAY THIS SWEEPSTAKES UNLESS YOU ARE ELIGIBLE AND A LEGAL RESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES AT THE TIME OF PARTICIPATING.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE EXPLORE THE GRILL-ABILITIES SWEEPSTAKES AT ShopRite® and PriceRite® (“SWEEPSTAKES”), PARTICIPANT AGREES TO BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE DECISIONS OF THE JUDGES, WHICH SHALL BE FINAL IN ALL RESPECTS.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of Connecticut, the District of Columbia, Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, New York and Pennsylvania, 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. The following persons are not eligible to participate: Employees, contractors, directors, and officers of Frito-Lay, Inc. (“Sponsor”), Hasbro, Inc., Wakefern Food Corp., their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, Big Green Egg Inc., participating retailers, distributors, Web design, advertising, fulfillment, judging and promotion agencies involved in the administration, development, fulfillment and execution of this Sweepstakes (collectively, “Promotion Parties”) and the immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling, grandparent, and/or “step”) of each and those living in their same households (those persons whether related or not who live in the same residence for at least three months during the twelve-month period preceding the start date of the Sweepstakes).
2. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: Sweepstakes begins at 1:00:00 a.m. Eastern Daylight Savings Time (“EDT”) on June 9, 2013 and ends at 12:59:59 a.m.EDT on September 1, 2013 (“Sweepstakes Period”). The time clock of computer administering this Sweepstakes is the official clock for this Sweepstakes.
3. TO PLAY: During the Sweepstakes Period, visit www.facebook.com/shoprite.supermarket or www.facebook.com/PriceRiteStores (collectively the “Web site”) and follow the online instructions to play for a chance to win a prize (a “Play”). If your computer screen displays a prize-winning message, you are a potential winner of the prize indicated (subject to verification). The message will also provide next steps to claim your prize. If your computer screen does not display a prize-winning message, you are not a winner of a prize.
Randomly selected times during the Sweepstakes Period, will be chosen by the independent judging organization designated by Sponsor (the “Judges”), and the first participant who completes a Play in accordance with these Official Rules whose Play is properly received and recorded by administrator’s computer(s) on or immediately after a randomly selected time during the Sweepstakes Period will win a prize (subject to verification). Prizes will be awarded at a rate of eight (8) per day for the Sweepstakes Period with the following breakout: One (1) Grand Prize per day and seven (7) First Prizes per day. A “day” is defined as a twenty-four (24) hour time period beginning at 1:00:00 a.m. EDT and ending at the following 12:59:59 p.m. EDT. All Plays must be properly received and recorded by Sponsor’s computer within the Sweepstakes Period in order to be eligible to win a prize. It is solely the responsibility of the participant to notify Sponsor in writing if the participant changes his or her information submitted on the prize-claim form during the Sweepstakes Period.
In the event of an identity dispute of a participant, the Play will be considered made by the registered owner of the email address used for playing. No responsibility is assumed by Sponsor for lost, late, mutilated, illegible, incomplete, misdirected or postage-due mail or Plays. No other form of submitting a Play is valid. Limit one (1) Play per person/email address/Facebook account per day.
4. PRIZE DETAILS: Grand Prizes (84, 1 per day): Big Green Egg Grill with accessories. Approximate Retail Value (ARV): $821.85 plus tax each. First Prizes (588, 7 per day): Two (2) Board Games by Hasbro Game Night. ARV: $34.99 each. Winner must accept prize as stated or prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. The difference between any stated prize value and actual prize value will not be awarded to winner. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Plays received and the order in which they are received. Total ARV of all prizes: $89,609.52. Limit one (1) prize per person/household.
5. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE: No liability or responsibility is assumed by Sponsor or Promotion Parties resulting from participant’s participation in or attempt to participate in the Sweepstakes or ability or inability to upload or download any information in connection with the Sweepstakes. No responsibility or liability is assumed by the Sponsor or Promotion Parties for technical problems or technical malfunction arising in connection with any of the following occurrences which may affect the operation of the Sweepstakes: Hardware or software errors; faulty computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic or Internet connectivity or other online or network communication problems; errors or limitations of any Internet providers, servers, hosts or other providers; garbled, jumbled or faulty data transmissions; failure of any online transmissions to be sent or received; lost, late, delayed or intercepted transmissions; inaccessibility of the Web site in whole or in part for any reason; traffic congestion on the Internet or Web site; unauthorized human or non-human intervention of the operation of the Sweepstakes, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bugs, or worms; or destruction of any aspect of the Sweepstakes, or loss, miscount, misdirection, inaccessibility or unavailability of an email account used in connection with the Sweepstakes. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical errors in the announcement of prizes or these Official Rules, or any inaccurate or incorrect data contained on the Web site. Use of Web site is at user’s own risk. Sponsor and Promotion Parties are not responsible for any personal injury or property damage or losses of any kind which may be sustained to user’s or any other person’s computer resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes.
6. WINNER NOTIFICATION: All potential winners will receive prize-claim instructions at the time of playing. Sponsor is not responsible for any change in entrant’s telephone number, email address or mailing address. Grand Prize winners will be required to complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release, and, where lawful, Publicity Release within ten (10) days of notification. If attempted notification or prize is returned as undeliverable, if any required documents are not returned within the required number of days, if winner cannot be verified, or if winner is otherwise unable to accept the prize as stated and within a reasonable time frame (as determined by Sponsor, in Sponsor’s sole discretion), prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner. Allow 8-10 weeks from winner verification to receive prize. Grand Prizes will arrive unassembled; phone number and signature will be required for delivery.
7. RELEASE OF LIABILITY: By participating in the Sweepstakes, participants release Sponsor and Promotion Parties from any and all claims, damages or liabilities arising from or relating to such participant’s participation in the Sweepstakes. By accepting a prize, recipients (a) agree that the Sponsor and Promotion Parties will have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless by winner against, any liability for injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in the Sweepstakes; from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of prize or participation in Sweepstakes or Sweepstakes-related activities, including any travel related thereto; and (b) grant (and agree to confirm grant in writing promptly upon request) to Sponsor and those acting under the authority of the Sponsor, the right to the use of his/her name, photograph, likeness, voice, image, statements and biographical information, at any time or times, for advertising, trade, publicity and promotional purposes in any media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide, including the World Wide Web without review, notification or approval, and additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. Sponsor is not liable in the event that any portion of the Sweepstakes or prize is canceled due to weather, fire, strike, acts of war or terrorism, or any other condition beyond its control (a “Force Majeure Event”). No more than stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, seeding, printing, programming or any other reasons cause more than stated number of prizes, set forth in these Official Rules, to be available and/or claimed in any prize category, Sponsor reserves right to award only the stated number of prizes. Screen shots are not proof of winning status.
8. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Each winner is solely responsible for any taxes on any prize, and, if applicable, will receive an IRS Form 1099 for the ARV of the prize. No cash equivalent or substitution of prize is offered, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. No transfer of prize is permitted. Prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either expressed or implied by Sponsor, except manufacturer’s standard written warranty included in the prize packaging. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. If prize, or any portion thereof, cannot be awarded for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize with another prize of equal or greater value. If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including but not limited to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who is responsible or who tampers with the submission process, and to cancel, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor will randomly award the prizes among all eligible, non-suspect Plays received prior to cancellation. This Sweepstakes is offered only in the United States and is governed by the laws of the State of Texas, and all claims must be resolved in the federal or state courts located in Collin or Dallas counties, Texas.
LEGAL WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL, WHETHER OR NOT AN PARTICIPANT, TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE, DESTROY, TAMPER OR VANDALIZE THIS WEB SITE OR INTERFERE WITH THE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND DILGENTLY PURSUE ALL REMEDIES AGAINST ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
9. WINNER’S LIST: For the names of the winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by September 30, 2013 to: Explore the Grill-Abilities Sweepstakes at Wakefern Winner’s List, PO Box 3000, Dept. 865-726, Young America, MN 55558-3000.
10. SPONSOR: Frito-Lay, Inc. 7701 Legacy Drive, Plano, TX 75024-4099.
All snack-related trademarks are owned by Frito-Lay North America, Inc. © 2013. PEPSI and the Pepsi Globe are registered trademarks of PepsiCo, Inc.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this promotion shall be directed to Sponsor and not to Facebook.