October 4, 2016
4 Scary Good Halloween Recipes from Campbell’s
Halloween is just around the corner! From spooky tombstone dip to ghoulish pizza puffs, our friends at Campbell’s are sharing a few terrifyingly fun recipes perfect for your Halloween party!
Halloween Tombstone Chip & Dip
Get your Halloween party started with this ghoulishly good dip that is sure to get your guests in the Halloween spirit. It’s got kickin’ flavor that will have you dipping again and again!
- 3 (6 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup Pace® Chunky Salsa
- 1 can (about 4 oz) chopped green chiles, drained
- 1 can (3.8 oz pitted sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 1/2 cups guacamole
- 1 cup chopped romaine lettuce
- Heat the oven to 350°F. Using a sharp knife, cut the tortillas into 2 to 3 inch long “tombstone” shapes. Place the tortilla tombstones onto a baking sheet. Spray with vegetable cooking spray.
- Bake for 8 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Stir the cream cheese in a medium bowl until smooth. Stir in the salsa. Spread the cream cheese mixture in the bottom of a 9inch pie plate. Layer with the green chiles, olives and guacamole. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until chilled.
- Sprinkle the lettuce over the guacamole. Press the bottoms of the tortilla tombstones into the dip mixture so that they stand upright in the “graveyard”.
Recipe Note: Write epitaphs on the baked tortilla tombstones with black edible marker!
Serve Suggestion: You can also bake any tortilla scraps left over alongside the tombstones. Use them for dipping, too!
Mummy Pizza Puffs
Prep 15 min. | Total 1 hr. 25 min. | Serves 6
Fun name, fabulous flavor! Enjoy your favorite pizza toppings, all wrapped up in delectable puff pastry.
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets, thawed
- 6 tablespoons Prego® Traditional Italian Sauce
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 18 slices pepperoni
- 12 slices pitted ripe black olives
- Heat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Beat the egg and water in a small bowl with a fork.
- Sprinkle the flour on the work surface. Unfold 1 pastry sheet on the work surface. Cut the pastry sheet into 3 rectangles along the fold lines. Cut the pastry rectangles in half crosswise, making 6 (about 3×5 inch) rectangles. Place the pastry rectangles onto the baking sheet.
- Spread about 1 tablespoon sauce on each pastry to the edge. Top each with about 2 tablespoons cheese and 3 slices pepperoni.
- Unfold the remaining pastry sheet on the work surface. Cut the pastry sheet into 3 rectangles along the fold lines. Cut each pastry rectangle crosswise into 12 (about 3/4 inch wide) strips, making 36 in all.
- Arrange 6 pastry strips on each pastry, placing them slightly askew over the filling to resemble a mummy’s bandages. Brush with the egg mixture. Place 2 olive slices on each pastry for the eyes.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the pastries are golden brown. Let the pastries cool on the baking sheet on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
Flavor Variation: For a twist on ham and cheese, omit the sauce, mozzarella cheese and pepperoni. Layer 1 slice deli ham, 2 slices salami and 1 slice deli Cheddar cheese on each pastry rectangle, folding the edges as needed to fit on the pastry without hanging over the sides. Arrange the pastry strips over the filling and proceed as directed above.
Recipe Note: Parchment paper keeps the pastry from sticking to the baking sheet and also makes for easier cleanup. If you don’t have parchment paper, you can spray the baking sheet with cooking spray instead. However, cooking spray may cause the bottoms of the pastries to brown more quickly, so begin checking for doneness 5 minutes early.
Prep 20 min. | Total 20 min. | Serves 24
Perfect for Halloween, you’ll have a great time decorating these spooky but fun cupcakes that are ready to go in just 20 minutes.
- 24 Pepperidge Farm® Milano® Cookies, Brussels® Distinctive Cookies, or Old Fashioned Homestyle Sugar Cookies
- 4 tubes (4.25 oz each) decorating icings or 4 tubes (.68 oz each ) decorating gel (black, white, orange and green)
- 1 tablespoon Orange-colored sugar crystals
- 24 frosted cupcakes (from your local ShopRite Bakery!)
- Decorate the Milano® cookies using the black and white icing to resemble tombstones and ghosts.
- Decorate the Brussels® or Sugar cookies using the orange and green icing and sugar crystals to resemble pumpkins and spider webs.
- Press the decorated cookies into the tops of the cupcakes.
Halloween Fizzy Bug Juice
Prep 10 min. | Total 10 min. | Serves 15
Spook your guests with this simple punch recipe that will make a great addition to any Halloween table. You can elevate the scare factor by adding some gummy worms or spiders. Either way, it’s seriously delicious.
- 1 bottle (46 ounces) V8 Splash® Mango Peach or V8 VFusion® Peach Mango
- 6 cups lemon lime soda
- 3 cups ice cream (about 6 large scoops)
- Stir the juice and soda in a punch bowl. Add the ice cream.
- Top the ice cream with gummy worms, if desired. Or, use your favorite gummy bugs they come in all shapes and sizes, even spider shaped!