Hot Product Reviews: ShopRite Organic
At ShopRite we’re focused on featuring a variety of high quality, budget-friendly organic products in our stores. That’s why we developed ShopRite Organic — our brand of USDA certified organic foods. Want to try a ShopRite Organic item that your store doesn’t carry? Call 1-800-SHOPRITE to put in a product request!
1. ShopRite Organic Oatmeal
Available in instant packets (maple and original) or by the canister (toasted oats, quick cooking oats, and steel cut or Irish- style oats). Whether you’re making it for breakfast or adding it to your favorite baking recipe, ShopRite Organic oats are delicious and nutritious. They provide 3-4 grams of fiber and are less than 150 calories per serving. Here’s how you can add ShopRite Organic oats to your meal plan:
· Add toasted oats to meatloaf or meatballs in place of breadcrumbs for a dose of whole grains and fiber.
· Mix 1 part ShopRite Organic Steel Cut Oats to 4 parts water in a slow-cooker. Cook on LOW setting for 7 hours. Do this before bed and you’ll wake up to a piping hot and nutritious pot of cooked oatmeal. For a complete meal, top with fresh fruit and nuts.
2. ShopRite Organic Teas
Caffeine-free varieties include herbal chamomile with lemon and herbal mint blend. Other selections include antioxidant rich green tea with lemon and earl grey. Whether you enjoy them piping hot or ice cold, brewing your own tea is a tasty and calorie-free beverage. Here’s how you can include ShopRite Organic Tea in your meal plan:
· For more flavor, use brewed tea instead of water when cooking rice or pasta
· Infuse stocks for soups or sauces by placing a tea bag in them.
· Simply enjoy a cup of your favorite variety for an afternoon treat.
3. ShopRite Organic Microwave Popcorn
ShopRite Organic popcorn varieties include 94% fat-free and butter flavor. Since popcorn is a whole grain, it’s a smart snack idea. Just 1 ounce of popcorn (roughly a third of 1 bag) will provide you with 5 grams of fiber and less than 50 calories.
· Mix popcorn, your favorite whole-grain cereal, dried fruit and nuts into small snack bags for preportioned on-the-go snacks.
· Top popcorn with your favorite herbs and spices: try cinnamon or dried rosemary and 1-2 tbsp parmesan cheese.
· Crave movie theater butter but don’t want all the fat? Spray popcorn with a butter flavor cooking spray and enjoy!