Hot Product Reviews: Grilling Must Haves
Summertime grilling is a great way to get the heat out of the kitchen. It’s also a low-fat way to cook meats, fish and even vegetables. Try adding some of our healthy grilling must-haves for delicious and nutritious dishes
1. Kraft® Light Original Barbeque Sauce
Barbeque sauce is a staple for grilling recipes. Why not try one that is a little bit lighter? Kraft Light Original will save you 40 calories, 110 mg of sodium, and 10 grams of sugar. The light version contains some sugar, but is mostly sweetened with the zero calorie artificial sweetener, Splenda. A serving size is 2 tablespoons – enough for dipping or per person as a marinade. Here’s how you can add Kraft® Light Original Barbeque Sauce to your summertime grilling:
· Make your own lean turkey burgers by mixing in finely diced peppers and a few tablespoons of barbeque sauce.
· Grill whole-wheat pizza dough that has been topped with the barbeque sauce, grilled chicken and Monterey Jack cheese.
2. McCormick® Grill Mates Cinnamon Chipotle Rub
Rubs are great ways to add flavor to grilled meats and veggies without adding a lot of fat or calories. Cinnamon and chipotle may sound like an unlikely combination but actually come together for a sweet and spicy kick. For best results, you’ll want to apply an even coating — about 2 tablespoons per pound of meat. Wrap in plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator until it’s ready to be grilled. Here’s how you can add McCormick® Grill Mates Cinnamon Chipotle Rub to your summertime grilling:
· Mix this cinnamon chipotle rub with light tub margarine and spread on fresh ears of corn. Grill corn until it is lightly charred.
· Rub a small center cut pork loin or pork chops with cinnamon chipotle rub, refrigerate for at least 1 hour, and grill!
3. Grilled Fish: Haddock, Cod, Swordfish, Tuna, Mahi Mahi
Didn’t think that your favorite fish could stand up to the heat of the grill? Think again! Grilling is a great way to cook firm flesh fish like haddock, cod, swordfish, tuna and mahi mahi. What’s even better is that fish cooks on the grill in no time at all, making it the perfect choice for a quick and healthy weeknight dinner. Here’s how you can add grilled fish to your summertime menus:
· Make kebobs by alternating fish and vegetables. Coat with fresh lemon juice, olive oil and herbs.
· Grill fish and serve with a fresh mango salsa over a bed of lightly dressed field greens.