Hot Produce Reviews: Summertime Favorites!
While you’re gearing up for summer, why not add a few of ShopRite’s favorite summertime products to your shopping list? These products will work for any activity you have planned from grilling must-haves to travel-friendly snacks.
1. ShopRite Mountain and Cranberry Nut Trail Mix
Pick up a bag of ShopRite’s new healthy and delicious trail mix. These mixes work great as a healthy, convenient and travel-friendly summer snack. Keep a few in your handbag, backpack, or even in the car. They’re great for road trips, airplane rides, or even while running errands! These blends contain a mix of nuts, seeds, and dried fruit that provide you with heart-healthy unsaturated fats and protein. What’s more — they’re even low in sodium. A serving is ¼ cup and 130 calories. Eat them right out of the bag or over a cup of low-fat yogurt.
• Pack ¼ cup servings into tiny plastic snack bags to keep on hand.
• Mix ¼ trail mix with a 100-calorie bag of popcorn for a great summer movie snack.
2. ShopRite Frozen Fruit
Each variety is picked at the peak of ripeness before freezing, guaranteeing that each bag of frozen fruit is juicy and delicious. Varieties include: mango chunks, berry medley, whole strawberries, dark sweet cherries, blackberries, blueberries, pineapple chunks, deluxe mixed fruit blend, tropical blend, sliced peaches, and red raspberries. Our frozen fruit is prepared without added sugar, so there are only 50-70 calories per cup (depending on the variety). Each colorful selection provides essential vitamins, minerals and fiber to your diet. Here’s how you can add ShopRite Frozen Fruit to your meals and snacks.
• Use frozen fruit (straight from the freezer) in place of ice cubes in a glass of sugar-free lemonade or sparkling water.
• Puree frozen fruit in a blender with a splash of orange juice. Freeze in ice cube trays and place a toothpick in the center of each section. You’ll have mini sorbet ice pops for a cool summer treat.
• Let the berries defrost for an hour or so before spooning on top of low-fat Greek yogurt, low-fat cottage cheese, waffles or low-fat ice cream.
3. Bubba Burger Turkey Burgers
Get your grill fired up because you’ll want to try Bubba’s turkey burgers. Each 4-ounce patty is 160 calories and is made from 100% white breast meat. This turkey burger contains only 1.5 grams of saturated fat, compared to 15 grams in the original version. Here’s how you can enjoy these “better-for-you” burgers.
• Use 100% whole-wheat hamburger buns and spread with ketchup or mustard instead of high-fat spreads like mayonnaise or blue cheese dressing
• Sneak in some vegetables by topping burgers with lettuce, tomato, pickles and onion.
• Serve with low-fat sides: green salad, bean salad or corn on the cob.