Hot New Product Reviews!
At ShopRite, we’re always stocking our shelves with new, good-for-you products. Here’s a quick review – including tips for adding them to your meal plan — of three of our newest. Not only are they delicious, but nutritious as well. Interested in trying an item that your local ShopRite doesn’t carry? Call 1-800- SHOPRITE to put in a new product request!
1. ShopRite Hummus
Available in original, pine nut, spinach and artichoke, garlic and roasted red pepper these hummus varieties can be found in the deli or international cheese section of your local ShopRite. Hummus is a bean dip made of ground chick peas, lemon juice, tahini (ground sesame seeds), oil and garlic. A delicious and healthy snack, ShopRite hummus is just 60 calories for 2 tablespoons. It also provides you with healthy unsaturated fats, 2 grams of protein and 1 gram of fiber. Here’s how you can add ShopRite Hummus to your meal plan:
- As a snack, spread on whole-grain bread, pita or wraps
- Snack on hummus as a dip with your favorite raw vegetables
- Serve with a vegetable tray at your next party instead of traditional dips or dressing
2. ShopRite Specialty Salsas
Varieties include pico de gallo, three pepper, three bean with roasted corn and mango peach. These salsas are low in calories, but high in flavor. Here’s how you can add them to your meals and snacks:
- Enjoy as a dip with baked tortilla chips
- Use as a topping on a baked potato, grilled chicken or fish
- Mix with plain yogurt for a tasty salad dressing
3. Dannon Greek Yogurt
Available in honey, vanilla, strawberry and blueberry these yogurts can be found in the dairy section of your local ShopRite. Greek yogurt has been strained of its whey, making it thicker and creamier than regular yogurt. These Greek-style yogurts are all fat free with around 110-140 calories per container and only 17 grams of carbohydrate (roughly, 1 serving of carbohydrate for carbohydrate counters). They’re also a good source of calcium, providing 15% of your daily needs. Here’s how you can add Dannon Greek yogurt to
- Mix Dannon Greek honey yogurt with fresh fruit and granola for a parfait
- Blend Dannon Greek vanilla yogurt with frozen berries and a splash of low-fat milk for a creamy smoothie.
- Enjoy Dannon Greek strawberry and blueberry yogurts on their own — all you need is a spoon!