Fresh Ideas for Frozen Foods!
Looking for a quick and easy way to get a healthy dinner on your table? With March being National Frozen Food month, why don’t you give frozen foods a try? The freezer case at your local ShopRite is packed full of healthy, flavorful and easy-to-prepare frozen foods. From stir-fry mixes to frozen seafood, today’s frozen foods are a great choice – any day of the week!
Skip the veggie prep
Need a dish that calls for lots of veggies but don’t have time to chop away? No problem. Try these convenient, budget-friendly options:
- ShopRite frozen diced onions and/or peppers: Whether it’s the base of a soup, stew, omelet or sauce, there’s no need to defrost — just toss into a sauté pan that has been coated in a small amount of olive oil.
- ShopRite frozen soup mix vegetables: This blend of carrots, corn, potatoes, green beans, okra, peas, celery, and onions works well for making pot pies, stews or a simple veggie sauté side dish. Add to reduced-sodium chicken broth and canned diced tomatoes and you’re on your way to flavorful minestrone soup
- ShopRite vegetable blends and stir-fry mixes: Try ShopRite’s California, Italian, or winter vegetable blend. Along with other varieties like broccoli, sugar snap or Asian stir-fry mix, they’re great as a meal or a side dish!
If you need dinner in a flash, frozen seafood is the way to go. Fillets are individually vacuum-packed so you can defrost just one. Since they’re small, 3-5 ounces each, they don’t take long to defrost, making them ideal for last-minute dinner ideas.
- Cape Gourmet frozen fish and shrimp: Varieties include salmon, swai, flounder, tilapia, pollock, and various shrimp species. They can be grilled, baked or sautéed, Cape Gourmet’s bags are resealable so you can pop them back into the freezer when you don’t use the entire package.
Round out meals with a healthy side dish. With the help of the microwave, these frozen options are a perfect choice.
- ShopRite steam-in-bag brown rice: A side dish that pairs well with any ShopRite frozen vegetable.
- Ore Ida Steam and Mash cut russet potatoes: After microwaving these spuds, mash with skim milk and your favorite seasonings for a creamy mashed potato side dish.
- Birds Eye Steam Fresh lightly sauced roasted red potatoes: No prep work required. Microwave according to package directions and these potatoes are already seasoned and ready to eat!