Cheerios Tailgate Sweepstakes
“ShopRite Tailgate Sweepstakes”
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. Subject to these Official Rules. Many will enter, few will win. A purchase or payment of any kind will not increase your chances of winning.
Sponsor: General Mills Sales, Inc., One General Mills Boulevard, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55440
Administrator: Leader Enterprises Inc., 1775 Woodstock Road, Suite 200, Roswell, GA 30075.
1. Eligibility. The ShopRite Tailgate Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is only open to legal United States residents currently residing in New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland and Connecticut who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry (“Entrant”). Employees of Sponsor, Administrator, Wakefern Food Corp. (“Wakefern”), ShopRite and any of Wakefern’s and ShopRite’s participating stores (“Participating Stores”) and any of their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, partners, members as well as the immediate family members (spouses, parents, siblings and children, regardless where they reside), and household members of such employees are not eligible to enter or win. The Sweepstakes is subject to applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes your full and unconditional agreement to be bound by these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Timing. The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00 am Eastern Time (“ET”) on December 1, 2013 and ends at 11:59 pm ET on December 31, 2013 (the “Entry Period”). For the purposes of this Sweepstakes a day (“Day”) is defined as a calendar day beginning at 12:00 am ET and ending at 11:59 pm ET. Administrator’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
3. Two ways to enter. With Purchase: Purchase any three (3) Cheerios Cereal products in a single shopping visit at a Participating Store during the Entry Period using your ShopRite Price Plus® Club card and receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. Without A Purchase: Send a 3 1/2” X 5” piece of paper with your name, complete address (No P.O. Boxes), daytime phone number, (must be hand-printed) via regular mail to:
ShopRite Tailgate Sweepstakes
PO Box 43307
Atlanta, GA 30336
All mail-in entries must be post-marked on or before December 31, 2013 and received no later than January 10, 2014 to be considered eligible. Entries are limited to one (1) entry per address per day regardless of method of entry. Each mail-in entry must be mailed separately. Entries sent via overnight or via facsimile or copies or mechanical reproductions of entries will not be accepted. Once submitted, all entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor, and will not be acknowledged or returned.
Released Parties (as defined in Section 8, below) are not responsible for postage-due, lost, late, stolen, damaged, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, garbled, delayed or misdirected entries. In the event of a dispute as to who submitted an in-store entry, the authorized account holder of the ShopRite Price Plus® Club card used to make the purchases will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned the ShopRite Price Plus® Club card by ShopRite. Each potential winner may be required to show proof that he/she is an authorized ShopRite Price Plus® Club card holder.
4. Potential Winners Selection. Sponsor will conduct a random drawing on or about January 10, 2014 to select two hundred and sixty (260) potential winners (each a “Potential Winner”, collectively “Potential Winners”) from all eligible entries received during the Entry Period. By entering, you grant permission to be contacted by Sponsor via mail or telephone in connection with the Sweepstakes. You must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. A Potential Winner is not an official winner (“Official Winner”) until Potential Winner’s eligibility has been verified and Potential Winner has been notified that verification is complete. Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Sponsor will not accept screen shots or other evidence of winning in lieu of its validation process.
5. Verification of Potential Winners. Each Potential Winner will be contacted by Administrator on or about January 14, 2014 and will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release (collectively an “Affidavit”), which must be received by Sponsor within five (5) days of the date indicated on the Affidavit. If a Potential Winner cannot be contacted, fails to execute and return the Affidavit within the required time period, or prize is returned as undeliverable, or he/she refuses his/her prize for any reason, Potential Winner forfeits the prize and Sponsor will select an alternate winner by random drawing.
6. Prizes (260)/Odds. 10 Grand Prizes: The first ten (10) Official Winners selected will each receive a one thousand dollar ($1,000.00) ShopRite® gift card. Total ARV of all grand prizes is: $10,000.00. 250 First Prizes: The next two hundred and fifty Official Winners selected will each win a one hundred dollar ($100.00) ShopRite® gift card. Total ARV of all first prizes is: $25,000.00. Total ARV of all prizes is: $35,000.00. Gift cards are subject to certain terms and conditions as specified by issuer. Odds of winning are based on the number of eligible entries received. No cash or other substitution, assignment or transfer of any prizes permitted, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize with cash or another prize of comparable or greater value. Prizes will be awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied offered by Sponsor. Official Winner is responsible for all federal, state, and local taxes and fees associated with a prize. Limit: One (1) prize per household.
7. Publicity. Your acceptance of a prize in the Sweepstakes constitutes your consent for Sponsor to use your name, likeness, hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, without further payment or consideration.
8. Release. By receipt of any prize, you agree to indemnify Sponsor, Wakefern, ShopRite, the Participating Stores and any of their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, members, suppliers, distributors, advertising, agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parents and affiliate companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any losses, damages, rights, claims or causes of action of any kind, that Released Parties may incur in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, out of your participation in the Sweepstakes or from your acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize awarded in connection with the Sweepstakes.
9. General Conditions. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. No more than the stated number of prizes in these Official Rules will be awarded. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or who acts in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner.
10. WARNING: Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any provision of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
11. Limited Liability. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrant, by printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any aspect of the Sweepstakes; (4) printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error which may occur in the announcement of the prizes or in any Sweepstakes-related matter or materials; or (5) any injury or damage to you or to other persons or property which may be caused from your participation in the Sweepstakes and/or your downloading of any materials related to this Sweepstakes. If for any reason your entry is confirmed to have been erroneously lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, your sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes.
12. Disputes. Except where prohibited, by participating you agree that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court or the appropriate Minnesota State Court located in Minneapolis, Minnesota; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred by you, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes but shall in no event include attorneys’ fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will you be permitted to obtain awards for and you hereby waive all rights to claim indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Minnesota, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Minnesota or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Minnesota.
14. Winner List. For a copy of these Official Rules or a winner list, send a self-addressed stamped envelope with proper postage affixed to “ShopRite’s Tailgate Sweepstakes” c/o Leader Enterprises Inc., 1775 Woodstock Road, Suite 200, Roswell, GA 30075. Official Rules will be made available for 30 days following the end of the Sweepstakes.