As a member of the Fresh Bake team, you will be responsible for consulting with our ShopRite Members, store management and retail staff with regard to the operations and recommended methods of baking and merchandising of our Fresh Bake Departments. You will also be charged with the implementation and successful execution of all resets, remodels, new store setups and openings. Additionally, you will counsel our stores with regard to departmental sales, gross profit, shrink, product quality, training and customer service.
To be considered, applicants must meet minimum requirements of the position:
- Four year college degree required.
- Minimum 3-5 years retail bakery management or supervisory experience in supermarket bakery operations and merchandising with an emphasis on technical training and the preparation of action plans to improve business results.
- Strong technical, analytical, leadership, customer service and P.C. skills as demonstrated by previous work experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, bilingual preferred.
- The ability to display and teach Customer Service Excellence at store level.
- Understanding of baking methodologies, including formulation of recipes.
- Extensive production equipment knowledge and department design skills.
- Knowledge of retail store operations related to sales, gross profit, labor requirements and retail merchandising.
- Flexibility with regard to extensive travel (overnight stays required).
We offer a highly competitive salary and benefit package. If interested in this challenging position, send your resume with salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “Bakery Merchandiser” in your subject line.
We regret only those being considered will be contacted.
Wakefern Food Corp. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce reflecting the communities we serve.