June 5, 2017
Power Up Your Day with these Protein-Rich Recipes from Nasoya
Protein comes in many forms – and not all of it from meat. If you’re vegetarian or just looking to incorporate more meatless meals into your routine, read on for a few simple, protein-rich recipes from our friends at Nasoya to power up your day!
- 1 pkg Nasoya® Organic Firm Tofu or Nasoya® Organic Firm TofuPlus, patted dry
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 1/2 red and orange bell pepper, chopped
- 3 button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- Heat oil in a large nonstick pan over medium high heat. Once oil is hot, add the garlic and onion and saute for about 5 minutes.
- Add the red pepper and mushrooms and saute for another 5 minutes.
- Add the tofu into the pan and crumble it into small pieces using a spatula. Sprinkle salt and turmeric evenly over the scramble. Turmeric not only adds to the flavor, but will also make the tofu look like eggs!
- Heat for about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally to blend well. During this time, the tofu can be broken into smaller pieces to resemble the consistency of scrambled eggs.
- Remove from heat, garnish with chives, and enjoy!
TOFU EGGPLANT BABA GHANOUSH
- 1/2 pkg Nasoya® Organic Silken Tofu, drained well
- 1 large eggplant (about 1 pound), halved lengthwise
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- A couple of drops of liquid smoke (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place eggplant cut side down on the prepared baking sheet. Prick eggplant with a fork a few times and bake until soft and collapsed and the skin begins to char, about 30 minutes.
- When cool enough to handle, scoop eggplant pulp into a colander and discard skin. Place eggplant in a colander in the sink and let drain. While the eggplant is draining, combine the garlic powder, tofu, tahini, lemon juice, salt, and liquid smoke in a mixing bowl, and whisk together until smooth. Chop and mash the eggplant on a cutting board, and add to the mixing bowl. Mix all the ingredients until smooth and taste again for seasoning.