November 7, 2016
#TrendyTuesday – Festive Fall Flavor for Your Holiday Table with Dole!
Whether you are busy planning your Thanksgiving feast or just meals for the week ahead, these savory sweet potato recipes from our friends at Dole are full of the fall flavors you crave!
SWEET AND SAVORY POTATO SALAD
- 2 cups sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups brussels sprouts, cut in half
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed in cold water
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 4 cups DOLE Baby Spinach
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup crumbled Feta cheese
- PREHEAT oven to 400°F.
- TOSS together sweet potatoes, Brussels sprouts and 2 tablespoons oil in medium bowl until evenly coated. Spread sweet potatoes and Brussels sprouts evenly onto non-stick baking sheet. Sprinkle with black pepper. Roast 25 to 30 minutes, turning once or until golden and tender.
- MEANWHILE, combine quinoa and water in medium saucepan, heat to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat; stir in kale and spinach, cover and let sit 5 minutes.
- COMBINE quinoa mixture, sweet potatoes, Brussels sprouts, cranberries and pine nuts in large salad bowl. Stir together balsamic vinegar and remaining oil in small bowl. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle Feta over salad.
SWEET POTATO, GARDEN VEGETABLE & FIELD GREENS SALAD WITH MAPLE VINAIGRETTE
- 1 medium sweet potato, baked
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 pkg. (7 oz.) DOLE Field Greens
- 3/4 cup pecan halves, toasted
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 6 tablespoons Maple Vinaigrette (recipe below)
- 3 oz. Brie cheese, diced
- PEEL and cube sweet potato; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- COMBINE salad blend, garden vegetables from pouch, pecans and cranberries in large bowl. Toss with 6 tablespoons Maple Vinaigrette. Arrange on serving platter.
- TOP with sweet potato and brie cheese; season with pepper, to taste.
Maple-Vinaigrette: Whisk together 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar, 3 tablespoons maple syrup, 2 tablespoons canola oil, 1 shallot, finely chopped, 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger, pinch of crushed red pepper and pinch of salt until blended. Makes about 1/2 cup.