April 1, 2016
Gluten Free Whole Grain Lasagna
Gluten-Free doesn’t need to mean whole-grain free; enjoy your daily dose of whole grain goodness with this GF Lasagna, made with brown rice noodles!
GLUTEN FREE LASAGNA
- 1 pound of 100% grass fed ground beef
- Gluten Free whole grain brown rice pasta (choose brand of choice): ~10 strips
- ShopRite Organic Tomato Sauce
- ½ cup baby carrots chopped
- ½ cup yellow onion diced
- ½ cup parsley chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (more or less to taste)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Whole milk mozzarella cheese
- BEEF and VEGETABLES: In frying pan on medium heat add beef and mix in seasonings, mix in rest of chopped ingredients. Cook until beef is fully cooked through.
- LASAGNA strips:
- Bring pot of water to boiling, add strips, cook until tender but still al dente, according to box instructions. Transfer to colander and rinse under cool water.
- In medium sized baking pan start laying strips lengthwise, then layer beef mixture, followed by tomato sauce and keep repeating until top layer is covered with lasagna strips. Add another layer of sauce and top with sliced mozzarella (add as much or little mozzarella as you choose).
- Place pan in 360 degree oven, bake until mozzarella cheese melted (usually for approx. 20 minutes)