December 8, 2017
Keep Holiday Meal-Planning Stress-Free with Lasagna Roll Ups!
Who says holiday dinners need to be hectic? These easy, cheesy, meaty lasagna roll ups are super simple to prep and can be made ahead of time to make pre-holiday mealtime an absolute breeze!
Easy Lasagna Roll Ups
- 1 jar of your favorite Wholesome Pantry tomato sauce
- 8-10 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 container ShopRite ricotta cheese
- 1 cup Wholesome Pantry Baby Spinach
- 1 lb Grass Run Farms ground beef, cooked and drained
- 2 cups Wholesome Pantry shredded mozzarella cheese
- fresh herbs like basil or parsley, for topping, if desired
- Preheat your oven to 350° F and spray a 13 x 9-inch casserole dish with cooking spray. Pour 1/2 cup tomato sauce into the baking dish and spread evenly across entire dish. Set aside.
- Place cooked lasagna noodles on a clean workspace, such as a parchment-lined baking sheet or cutting board. Spread 2 tbsp of ricotta cheese down the center of each noodle, then top with some baby spinach, followed by a few tbsp of ground beef.
- Gently (but tightly) roll up noodles and place, seam side down, in your baking dish. Pour the rest of the tomato sauce over the top of your lasagna rolls, then sprinkle 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese evenly over the top.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Top with chopped fresh herbs such as basil or parsley.
Make ahead: let cool completely and cover with lid or aluminum foil and freeze. To cook, just remove from freezer and place in preheated oven (350 degrees) to warm through and re-melt cheese, approximately 5-10 minutes.