February 21, 2018
Easy Shrimp Meal Prep Recipes to Keep those New Years Resolutions Going Strong
It’s March and we have one question for you: are you keeping up with your New Years’ Resolutions? Whether your goal was to eat better, avoid takeout, or incorporate more seafood into your diet, scroll on to find 5 easy shrimp recipes that are perfect to meal prep your way back into action!
Shrimp Sushi Grain Bowl
Prep Time 20 minutes | Serves 2 (can easily be doubled)
- 1 cup cooked Wholesome Pantry brown rice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 cup Wholesome Pantry cooked large or jumbo shrimp, thawed
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1/2 avocado, sliced (optional)
- Divide rice evenly among two bowls. Toss shrimp with sesame oil and soy sauce. and then split between bowls with the rice.
- Divide rest of ingredients between bowls. Top with sesame seeds and serve.
Prep Time: 5 minutes | Cook Time: 10 minutes | Serves: 4 (2 taco) servings
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 lb Wholesome Pantry raw large or jumbo shrimp, thawed
- 1 package Taco Seasoning Mix
- 8 tortillas, 6-inch
- Assorted toppings: fresh salsa, black beans, queso fresco, shredded lettuce, sliced avocado
- Heat oil in large skillet on medium heat. Add shrimp and Seasoning Mix; cook and stir 4 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink.
- Serve shrimp in warmed tortillas with assorted toppings, such as sour cream, fresh cilantro, chopped tomato, chopped avocado, chopped red onion or lime wedges, if desired.
Vietnamese Shrimp Noodle Bowl
Preparation Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 12 minutes | Servings: 4
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tbsp. fresh citrus juice (lemon and/or lime), divided
- 1 (1-inch) piece peeled, grated gingerroot, divided
- 2 Tbs plus 1 tsp. sesame oil, divided
- 4 green onions, sliced, divided
- 1 lb Wholesome Pantry large or jumbo raw shrimp, thawed
- 1 (6-oz.) package soba noodles
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tsp less-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- For the marinade, in a shallow dish combine ½ cup of the juice, half the ginger, 2 tablespoons of the oil, and half the onions. Add shrimp; cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- In a large pot bring 6 cups water to boiling. Add noodles; cook 5 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large serving bowl combine remaining juice, ginger, oil and onions. Stir in vinegar, soy sauce and carrots. Add noodles; toss to combine. Set aside.
- Coat grill rack with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat grill to medium-high (350°F to 400°F). Remove shrimp from marinade; discard marinade. Season shrimp with pepper to taste. Grill 1 minute per side, then toss with noodle salad.
Shrimp Cobb Salad
Preparation Time: 30 minutes | Serves: 4
- 6 cups coarsely chopped Wholesome Pantry romaine lettuce
- 1 lb Wholesome Pantry cooked large or jumbo shrimp, thawed
- 2 cups thick bacon slices, cooked, coarsely crumbled
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 2 ripe avocados, pitted, peeled and diced
- 2 large Roma (plum) tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- WP Ranch salad dressing, for serving
- Place lettuce in a large shallow bowl. Arrange shrimp, bacon, eggs, avocados, tomatoes and blue cheese on top. Serve with desired salad dressing.
Shrimp Scampi Zoodles
Prep Time:5 minutes | Cook Time: 5 minutes | Serves: 4
- 4 tbsp Wholesome Pantry butter
- 1 lb Wholesome Pantry raw large shrimp, thawed
- 1 green onion
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1tsp fresh parsley
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground Black Pepper
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 package store-prepared zucchini noodles
- Melt butter in large skillet on medium heat. Add shrimp, green onion, garlic, parsley and pepper; cook and stir 3 to 4 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink. Stir in lemon juice and zoodles and toss until warmed through.