I’d be lost without breakfast. I would be a total crazy person without it. With the world’s ever-quickening pace, I need every bit of fuel to get through the day. As wonderful as grab-and-go breakfasts are, they never seem to give me what I need. A good cooked breakfast is the best way to start off the day, but so often we are already too tired at the day’s start to put together a good meal (perhaps a sleepless night with a sick babe?).
Having breakfast together has become one of my family’s most beloved rituals. This, paired with a good breakfast, makes for an excellent send off. I must admit that sometimes it is impractical to have anything other than breakfast on the run.
This is where the slow cooker comes in. How often does the slow cooker come through in the clutch? A lot. When you don’t have time to stand over a stove or keep an eye on the oven, the slow cooker saves the day!
That’s what makes this breakfast so awesome (other than the yummy ingredients). You put it together before you go to bed and wake up to your house filled with the aroma of a deliciously cooked breakfast. Waking up to breakfast after much needed beauty sleep is beyond the best thing since sliced bread.
The other awesome thing about this meal is that so much of it came from my stocked pantry. This is where the Can Can Sale at ShopRite comes through in the clutch. My favorite part of the Can Can Sale is that it extends way beyond canned goods: you can save on foodstuffs ranging from cheese to kielbasa and so many items in between. So stock up your pantry to make breakfast even easier!
SLOW COOKER CHEESY KIELBASA BREAKFAST CASSEROLE
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook time: 7 hours (in slow cooker)
12 large eggs
1 cup 2% milk
13.5 oz precooked Polish kielbasa, sliced into discs
2 (15 oz) cans of ShopRite Sliced White Potatoes with no salt added, drained
1 (16 oz) can of roasted red peppers, drained
1 large yellow onion, chopped
2 cups sharp white cheddar cheese, shredded
ShopRite Olive Oil Cooking Spray
1. Liberally spray a 6-qt slow cooker with ShopRite Olive Oil Cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, beat together the eggs and milk. Set aside.
3. Sauté the onions over medium heat until translucent, approximately 3-5 minutes.
4. Create your first layer by placing half of the potatoes on the bottom of the slow cooker, followed by half of the red peppers, sautéed onion, kielbasa, and cheese.
5. Top with the second half of the potatoes, red peppers, onion, kielbasa, and cheese in a layer on top of the first.
6. Pour the egg mixture evenly over top.
7. Set your heat level to low and cook for 7 hours, or until the eggs become firm.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: ShopRite provides POTLUCK bloggers with free products, offers and services for the bloggers to review.