January 17, 2018
Creating Game Day Worthy Appetizers with our Deli Department
Creating a game-day worthy spread is simple with these easy, no-fuss finger foods! From spicy stromboli bites to mini prosciutto ciabatta sandwiches, there’s something for everyone to enjoy while watching the big game!
- 1 can ShopRite refrigerated crescent dough
- 1/3 cup Wholesome Pantry pizza sauce
- 1 package Daniele sliced Capicola
- 1 package Daniele sliced hot salami
- 1 cup shredded Wholesome Pantry mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 tsp Italian seasoning
- Heat oven to 400°F. Grease baking sheet. Unroll dough; place on baking sheet. Pinch any perforations to seal and press dough into 12×8-inch rectangle. Spread pizza sauce on dough to within 2 inches of long sides and ½ inch of short sides.
- Top with capicola, salami, cheese and Italian seasoning. Fold long sides of dough over filling; pinch to seal. Pinch short sides to seal.
- Bake stromboli 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Spoon pizza sauce over this stromboli, or serve on the side for dipping.
Mini Prosciutto Ciabatta Sandwiches
- 1 loaf Artisan Breads Ciabatta, either classic or whole grain
- 5-6 tbsp Wholesome Pantry Fig Preserves
- a few handfuls Wholesome Pantry Arugula
- 2 packages Daniele prosciutto
- 8 oz sliced belgioioso mozzarella cheese
- Slice ciabatta into 6 individual sandwiches, then slice each of these in half horizontally.
- Spread fig preserves on both sides of mini sandwich, then top with arugula, a few slices of prosciutto, and 1-2 slices of mozzarella. Top with other ciabatta slice. Use toothpick to hold sandwich together and serve!
- 1 can ShopRite refrigerated Crescent Dough Sheet
- ½ cup shredded Wholesome Pantry Mozzarella cheese
- 1 package Daniele sliced chorizo
- 1 package Daniele sliced soppresata
- ½ cup Wholesome Pantry pizza sauce
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Unroll dough and slice into 4 rectangles lengthwise. Sprinkle each rectange with shredded mozzarella, then top with soppresata and chorizo.
- Starting with one short side, roll up each rectangle; press edge to seal. With serrated knife, cut each roll into 6 slices; place cut side down on cookie sheet.
- Bake 13 to 17 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Meanwhile, heat pizza sauce. Immediately remove pinwheels from cookie sheet. Serve warm with warm pizza sauce for dipping.