Prep Time: 25 minutes | Cook Time: 30 minutes | Total Time: 55 minutes | Serves: 4
- 4 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 sweet onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp Chinese 5 spice
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 egg
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup sweet chili sauce
Garlicky Broccoli Rabe:
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 heaping cups chopped Andy Boy Broccoli Rabe
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 heaping Tbsp lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 4 brioche buns, halved
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Make the burgers: in a medium sauté pan, heat 1 Tbsp olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion to the pan and sauté until tender, 4-5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute more.
- Transfer the onion and garlic to a large bowl and let cool slightly. Stir in the cilantro, 5 spice, cayenne, mustard, salt, pepper, soy sauce, rice vinegar, and egg. Mix well to combine.
- Add the ground chicken and mix to combine. Add the breadcrumbs and mix just until fully incorporated. Divide the meat into 4 even pieces, and form into patties.
- In a large sauté pan, heat the remaining 3 Tbsp olive oil over medium heat. Add the patties to the pan and cook until evenly browned, 3-4 minutes per side. Glaze each side of each patty with 1 Tbsp sweet chili sauce, and transfer the pan to the oven. Continue to cook until the patties are fully heated through, 8-10 minutes more.
- While the burgers cook, make the broccoli rabe: in a large sauté pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and reduce heat to low. Cook for 1 minute, then add the broccoli rabe, and continue to cook until the rabe is tender, 5-6 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Keep warm.
- Make the mayonnaise: in a small bowl, stir the mayonnaise, lemon zest, and lemon juice together to combine. Spread 2 tsp on each side of each bun.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium heat. Place the buns, mayonnaise side down, into the pan and toast until evenly golden, 3-4 minutes.
- To serve, scoop 1/4 of the broccoli rabe onto the bottom of each bun, and place a patty on top. Finish with the top toasted bun, and serve immediately.
Tropical Power Smoothie
- 1 cup broccoli rabe leaves, stems removed and rinsed
- 1 apple, cored
- 1 banana, peeled
- ¼ cup parsley, rinsed
- ¼ cup plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- ½ cup ice
- Place all ingredients in a blender and process on high until completely smooth. Pour into two glasses and serve.
For more broccoli rabe recipes, visit http://www.andyboy.com/broccoli-rabe/.