December 15, 2015
Gluten-free Chocolate Cranberry Granola
Things get hectic this time of year between shopping, parties, kids’ school performances and other celebrations. And with all the decadent, festive foods floating around it’s easy to let gluttony and bad habits win. But with a little planning you can make sure there are healthy, yet seasonal treats around for both you and your family, like these Gluten-Free Cranberry Chocolate Granola squares. Grab & go for a quick and easy breakfast, or pack one for your afternoon snack.
What you’ll need from your local ShopRite store:
- 4 cups Bob’s Red Mill Old Fashioned Rolled Oats (they’re gluten free)
- 1 cup Unsweetened Organic Coconut Flakes (if you can’t find flakes, it’s okay to use shredded coconut, you may just need to use more)
- 1 cup Creamy Almond Butter
- 1/3 cup ShopRite Honey
- 2/3 cup Agave Nectar
- 1/2 cup ShopRite Light Brown Pure Cane Sugar (packed)
- Ocean Spray Cranberry & Chocolate Trail Mix
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Spread the oats and coconut on a baking sheet. Place in oven and toast for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until brown.
- Combine the almond butter, honey, agave and brown sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook until the brown sugar and almond butter have completely dissolved/melted and come to a creamy consistency. Stir continuously to avoid burning.
- Remove toasted oats & coconut from the oven and transfer to a large mixing bowl; Add trail mix.
- Pour almond butter mixture on top and stir to combine.
- Transfer to a greased glass baking pan, spread and flatten mixture into pan.
- Bake at 300F for another 8 minutes. Then set aside for 10 minutes to cool.
- Refrigerate uncovered for 45 mins – 1 hour
- Cut into squares and serve
*yields approximately 16 squares