January 29, 2018
30 Minute Seafood Suppers for Stress-Free Meatless Meals
Avoiding meat this holiday season? No problem – these easy seafood suppers come together in less than 30 minutes and will have the whole family asking for seconds!
Preparation Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 10 minutes | Servings:4
- 1/3 cup ShopRite All Purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 1/2 lbs flounder filets
- 2 Tbsp ShopRite olive oil
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 3 Tbs lemon juice
- 1 tsp grated lemon peel
- 2 Tbs capers
- 2 Tbs chopped fresh parsley
- lemon slices (optional)
- Combine flour, salt and pepper in small bowl. Pat flounder dry and coat in flour mixture.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat; add flounder and cook 4-5 minutes per side or until golden. Remove from skillet and keep warm.
- Add broth, lemon juice and lemon peel to skillet, stirring to loosen browned bits. Cook until thoroughly heated. Stir in capers and parsley; spoon over flounder. Serve with pasta, fresh parsley and lemon slices, if desired.
Lemon Garlic Salmon
Preparation Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 20 minutes | Servings:4
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp lemon pepper
- 4 6-oz. salmon fillets
- 4 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly coat a shallow baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Place fish, skin side down, in baking dish. Sprinkle with salt and lemon pepper; drizzle with 2 tablespoons of the oil; set aside.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic; sauté 5 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice. Pour over salmon.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Serve with couscous, rice or pasta!
Tomato Braised Cod
Preparation Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 12 minutes | Serves 4
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. saffron threads
- 4 (4-oz.) cod fillets
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 Tbsp ShopRite olive oil
- 1 large shallot, chopped
- 1 pint Wholesome Pantry Grape Tomatoes
- In a small microwave-safe measuring cup, microwave broth on HIGH 20 to 30 seconds or until hot. Sprinkle saffron threads over broth; stir until dissolved. Set aside. Sprinkle fillets with paprika, and salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large nonstick skillet heat oil over medium heat. Add shallot; cook and stir 1 minute. Push shallot to outer edge of skillet. Add fillets; cook 3 minutes per side or until browned.
- Add broth mixture and tomatoes; cover and simmer 3 to 6 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Transfer fillets to a serving platter; cover and keep warm. Increase heat to medium-high; cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes or until tomatoes soften and cooking liquid thickens slightly. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Spoon tomato mixture over fillets, and serve.