November 13, 2017
Simple Slow Cooker Turkey Breast for Small Thanksgiving Gatherings
Are you hosting a smaller, cozier Thanksgiving get-together this year? Don’t stress about roasting a whole turkey; serve up plenty of turkey for dinner (and leftovers) with this simple slow cooker turkey breast recipe!
Bonus: since it cooks in the slow cooker, that leaves you plenty of oven space for stuffing, casseroles, and more!
Slow Cooker Turkey Breast
- 1 (6-8) lb ShopRite Turkey breast, thawed
- 2 medium onions, quartered
- 1 cup ShopRite Chicken broth
- 3 tbsp ShopRite Olive Oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp dried Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- To the bottom of your slow cooker, add the onions and chicken broth. Add turkey breast, then drizzle olive oil over the whole breast.
- Sprinkle the rest of the ingredients over the whole turkey breast and gently rub into skin. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
- Let rest 10-15 minutes before removing from slow cooker and slicing.