Search results for: "gluten-free"
Things get hectic this time of year between shopping, parties, kids’ school performances and other celebrations. And with all the decadent, festive foods floating around it’s easy to let gluttony and bad habits win. But with a little planning you can make sure there are healthy, yet seasonal treats around for both you and your family, like these Gluten-Free Cranberry Chocolate Granola squares. (more)...
We love to treat ourselves to comfort foods every now and then, but some of the tastiest recipes are filled with unhealthy fats and refined carbohydrates. Not to worry, our ShopRite Dietitians have come to the rescue with lighter versions of our favorite meals. Dig in, guilt-free!
With the summer coming to a close, mornings and weeknights are bound to get busier as school, sports, and other activities take center stage. Keep your family full and feeling great with this tasty recipes featuring Power Blends from our friends at Mann’s!
Fill up on gluten free whole grains! Quinoa is a great side dish that can be eaten on its own as a substitute for rice or can be used on salads, in a breakfast smoothie, or used as breadcrumbs. Try this delicious salad, a great, gluten-free side dish for a summer BBQ!
For those following a gluten-free diet, it can often be difficult to find healthy snacks and appetizers. With the summer quickly approaching, one thing for sure is that there will be a ton of barbecues on our schedules! Navigating your way around a cook-out when trying to stay healthy can be hard enough, but it’s that much harder if you happen to be gluten-free as well!
Mother’s Day is just around the corner, and you’re probably wondering how to take your gift to the next level. Sure, flowers are nice, and chocolates are lovely, but breakfast in bed is the quintessential treat that your Mom is sure to love.
Is Mom gluten-free? No problem! We’ve pulled out all the stops and whipped up these four spectacular pancake breakfasts with her in mind!
Don’t worry; no chef degree required with these recipes! These sweet spreads came together in just minutes thanks to their foundation: ShopRite Gluten Free Frozen Pancakes! If you’re not gluten-free, feel free to switch in our classic home style or blueberry pancakes for any of the gluten-free ones listed in these recipes.
Strawberry and Nutella
The classic flavor combo of strawberries and chocolate gets just a little tweak with the introduction of hazelnut spread. Drizzle the spread over our classic home style pancakes and top with freshly sliced strawberries for the decadent breakfast your mom deserves.
Blueberry, White Chocolate, and Almond
Top blueberry pancakes with a drizzle of melted white chocolate and a sprinkle of sliced almonds to transform them into a blueberry almond tart-inspired breakfast!
What mom wouldn’t want to be transported to sunny, sandy shores for Mother’s Day? This stack of pancakes is the next best thing! Top classic pancakes with a drizzle of coconut cream, tropical fruit like berries, mango, and pineapple, and a sprinkle of shredded coconut for the perfect island getaway.
Red, White and Blueberry
Spring is here, summer is on the way, and we took our inspiration for this final breakfast from our stars and stripes! Top our blueberry pancakes with a dollop of whipped cream and freshly sliced strawberries for a fruity, patriotic pancake spread!
How do you plan on treating your mom this Mother’s Day? Let us know in the comments below!...
By Cheryl Krementz
The Four Questions are the cornerstone of the Passover Seder. Traditionally asked by the youngest child at the table, they elicit explanations about the significance of the eight-day festival that commemorates the Jews’ exodus from Egypt.
As joyous and engaging as the ceremonial meal can be, Seder guests (and not only the kids!) usually have an all-important Fifth Question on their mind: What’s for dessert?
Given Passover’s parameters of eschewing all food made with flour, dessert is a particularly tough part of the Seder menu to get right. No worries. This flavorful Chocolate Coffee Torte does the trick.
Dense, delicious and—bonus!—naturally gluten-free, the torte has just enough of a java jolt to get everyone’s attention. Top it with homemade whipped cream or sprinkle it with powdered sugar, almond slivers and/or fresh berries for an unforgettable finish to Seder 2016.
Flourless Chocolate Coffee Torte
What you’ll need:
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 18 oz. Kosher for Passover bittersweet chocolate
- 1 cup salted butter, cut into pieces
- 6 eggs
- ½ cup strong-brewed coffee (your choice of caffeinated, decaf or half-caf)
- 8 ½-inch springform pan, lined with parchment and generously buttered or sprayed with Kosher for Passover cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- In small saucepan, stir coffee and sugar over medium heat until sugar dissolves completely. Set aside.
- In the top of a double boiler, melt chocolate chunks over low heat until smooth, stirring constantly.
- Transfer melted chocolate into bowl. With mixer, beat in butter in pieces. On a lower speed, beat in the coffee/sugar mixture.
- Beat in eggs one at a time until fully incorporated.
- Pour batter into prepared springform pan and bake for 45 minutes. The edges should ultimately look more done than the center, which will set as the cake cools.
- After the cake reaches room temperature, cover and refrigerate it. Unlock springform mold before serving cake chilled.
Gluten-Free doesn’t need to mean whole-grain free; enjoy your daily dose of whole grain goodness with this GF Lasagna, made with brown rice noodles!
GLUTEN FREE LASAGNA
- 1 pound of 100% grass fed ground beef
- Gluten Free whole grain brown rice pasta (choose brand of choice): ~10 strips
- ShopRite Organic Tomato Sauce
- ½ cup baby carrots chopped
- ½ cup yellow onion diced
- ½ cup parsley chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (more or less to taste)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Whole milk mozzarella cheese
- BEEF and VEGETABLES: In frying pan on medium heat add beef and mix in seasonings, mix in rest of chopped ingredients. Cook until beef is fully cooked through.
- LASAGNA strips:
- Bring pot of water to boiling, add strips, cook until tender but still al dente, according to box instructions. Transfer to colander and rinse under cool water.
- In medium sized baking pan start laying strips lengthwise, then layer beef mixture, followed by tomato sauce and keep repeating until top layer is covered with lasagna strips. Add another layer of sauce and top with sliced mozzarella (add as much or little mozzarella as you choose).
- Place pan in 360 degree oven, bake until mozzarella cheese melted (usually for approx. 20 minutes)