Search Results for: "chocolate"
· 1 Tbsp. butter
· 1 Tbsp. olive oil
· 1/2 tsp. salt
· Cayenne pepper, to taste
· 1 cup water
· 1 cup flour
· 4 eggs
· 1/2 cup Asiago cheese, finely shredded
· 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
Preheat oven to 400° F. In a small saucepan, combine butter, oil, salt, cayenne and water bring to a boil. Add flour all at once; stir until mixture forms a smooth ball. Cook over low heat until mixture is drier but still smooth; place in mixing bowl. Beat in eggs, one at a time, incorporating completely. Stir in cheeses. Drop small spoonfuls of batter onto greased baking pans. Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown and firm. Serve immediately.
*For lighter puffs, use 2 whole eggs and 4 egg whites in place of 4 whole eggs.
Blue Cheese Nachos
· 1 pkg. (16 oz.) blue corn tortilla chips
· 2 cups blue cheese, crumbled
· 6 oz. Portobello mushrooms, sliced
· 2 jalapeños, seeded and diced
Salsa, to taste
Preheat oven to 350° F. Arrange chips on a large oven-proof serving platter. Sprinkle with blue cheese and Portobello mushrooms. Bake for 5 minutes. Remove from oven. Slide chips onto another plate. Sprinkle with jalapeños. Serve with salsa and other favorite nacho accompaniments.
Braised Short Ribs with Roquefort Cheese Mashed Potatoes
Red Wine-Braised Short Ribs:
· Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
· 1/4 c. olive oil
· 1 large onion, diced
· 3 cloves garlic, peeled and coarsely chopped
· 1 c. tomato paste
· 1 c. red wine (preferably Cabernet Sauvignon)
· 3 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
· 2 c. beef stock
· Fresh herbs and or fried onions for garnish (optional)
Roquefort Cheese Mashed Potatoes:
· 4 large baking potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch chunks
· Salt, to taste
· 12 oz. Joan of Arc® Roquefort cheese, crumbled, divided
· 1 c. milk
· 1 c. sour cream
· 1/2 c. unsalted butter, softened
· 1 Tbsp. dried dill weed
· 1 tsp. salt
· 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
Red Wine-Braised Short Ribs:
Preheat the oven to 325° F.
Season the ribs with salt and pepper. Heat the oil over medium heat in a large, heavy-bottomed, ovenproof pan. Add the ribs in batches and brown on all sides, about 8–10 minutes. Remove the ribs from pan and set aside. Add the onion and garlic to the pan and cook, stirring frequently, for 2 minutes. Add the tomato paste, wine, and mustard to the pan and bring the mixture to a boil, using a wooden spoon to scrape up the brown bits that cling to the bottom of the pan. Return the ribs to the pan. Add the beef stock to the pan, cover, bring to a simmer, and place in the oven for 2-1/2 hours, until the meat falls easily from the bone. Remove the ribs from the pan, discard the bones, and cut the meat into bite-size pieces. Remove any excess fat from the surface of the cooking liquid. Transfer the cooking liquid to the bowl of a food processor and process until the mixture is a smooth sauce. Pour the sauce into a pan, add the rib meat to it, and keep warm over low heat.
Roquefort Cheese Mashed Potatoes:
Place the potatoes in a large pot and cover with salted water. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and allow the potatoes to steam dry for a minute or two.
Preheat the oven to 350° F. Grease a 9 x 13-inch baking pan.
Transfer the potatoes to a food processor. Add 8 ounces Roquefort cheese, milk, sour cream, butter, dill weed, salt, and pepper. Process until smooth. Pour the mixture into the prepared baking pan. Sprinkle with the remaining 4 ounces Roquefort, then cover with aluminum foil. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking until the cheese is lightly browned, 15–20 minutes more.
Spoon some potato puree into a small wine or water glass. Place a piece of short rib meat on top of the potatoes. Place a fork in the glass and serve, garnished with herbs or fried onions, if desired.
Butternut Squash Dip
· 1 medium butternut squash, halved and seeded
· 3 Tbsp. olive oil
· 1 whole head garlic
· 11 oz. Joan of Arc® Natural Flavor Goat Cheese, softened
· Juice of 1 lemon
· Salt and pepper, to taste
Preheat the oven to 350° F.
Brush the cut side of the squash halves with some of the olive oil and place them on a baking sheet, oiled side down. Cut the top off the head of garlic and drizzle the remaining olive oil over it. Wrap the garlic in aluminum foil and place it on the baking sheet with the squash. Bake for about 40 minutes, or until the squash can easily be pierced with a fork. Scoop the squash out of its skin and into a mixing bowl, reserving a small portion for garnish, if desired. Squeeze the cloves of garlic out of their skins and into the bowl with the squash. Mash until smooth. Stir in the goat cheese and lemon juice until well blended. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Serve this dish with pita chips, lavash crisps or grilled focaccia bread.
Chocolate Mascarpone Fondue
· 1/2 lb. milk chocolate, chopped
· 1 1/4 c. cream
· 1/3 c. sugar
· 8 oz. Mascarpone Cheese
· 1/4 c. (2 oz.) bourbon, orange liqueur or another favorite liqueur
· 1 cinnamon stick
Combine all ingredients in medium bowl (or the top of a double boiler). Place over pot of simmering water on stove burner. Do not allow bowl to touch water. Heat until melted, smooth and warm, stirring often. Remove from heat. Pour into fondue or other pot and keep warm. Serve immediately, dipping accompaniments such as pound cake, strawberries, apples, bananas or marshmallows.
Feta Cheese Pastries
· 18 oz. all-purpose flour
· 3 Tbsp. olive oil
· Salt, to taste
· 1 Tbsp. vinegar
· 3/4 cup water
· 9 oz. Feta cheese
· 1 egg
· Black pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Put all of the pastry ingredients in a bowl, mix until the pastry becomes elastic.
In a separate bowl, prepare the filling by adding all of the ingredients until well mixed.
Make small balls with the pastry, roll them out and top half of the pastry with the filling mixture. Fold over the other half and press together. Place the pieces on greased baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes.
Grilled Rib Eye with Havarti Fondue
· 1 tbsp. olive oil
· 2 shallots, minced (about 2 tbsp.)
· Kosher salt and cracked black pepper
· 2 tbsp. white wine vinegar
· 1 qt. (4 c.) heavy cream
· 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 c. (depending on desired consistency) Havarti cheese, grated
· 1 1/2 c. freshly grated horseradish
· 1/4 c. sliced chives
· 4 1-lb (16-oz.) rib-eye beef steaks, preferably dry-aged
Prepare outdoor grill for cooking, if using. Heat medium saucepan over low heat; add olive oil, shallots and garlic with pinch of salt; sauté over low heat for 2 minutes, until shallots and garlic are aromatic and translucent. Add vinegar; reduce by half. Add cream; reduce by half (be patient, this takes some time). Check seasoning; add salt and pepper if needed. Remove pan from heat and whisk in Havarti cheese, horseradish and chives. Keep fondue warm.
Season steaks liberally and grill to your liking. Cook over outside or stove-top grill to desired doneness. Pour fondue into fondue pot over heat. Cut steaks into bite-sized pieces and dip!
Click the image below to select a store and begin shopping
Participating Diamond Products
Diamond Shelled Walnuts 10oz
Diamond Chopped Walnuts 8oz
Diamond Finely Diced Walnuts 10oz
Diamond Chopped Pecans 8oz
Diamond Chopped Hazelnuts 8oz
Diamond Sliced Almonds 6oz
Diamond Slivered Almonds 6oz
Diamond Whole Almonds 6oz
|Participating McCormick Items|
|ASSORTED FOOD COLOR|
|Participating Domino Items|
|DOMINO SUGAR 4LB||5LB|
|DOMINO SUGAR CONF 10X||2 LB|
|DOMINO SUGAR DARK BROWN||2 LB|
|DOMINO SUGAR LIGHT BROWN||2 LB|
|DOMINO SUGAR GRANULATED||2 LB|
|DOMINO SUGAR 10LB||10LB|
|DOMINO 4LB CANNISTER||4lb|
|DOMINO DEM SUGAR||2lb|
|DOMINO ORGANIC SUGAR||24z|
|DOMINO POURABLE BROWN SUGAR||12z|
|DOMINO QUICK DISSOLVE SUGAR||10z|
|DOMINO LIGHT PACKETS||40ct|
|DOMINO SUGAR CONF 10X||1 LB|
|DOMINO SUGAR DARK BROWN||1 LB|
|DOMINO SUGAR LIGHT BROWN||
Participating General Mills Products
|BC HSY CUPCAKE MIX CHOC|
|BC HSY CUPCAKE MX SMORES|
|BC REESES CUPCAKE MIX PB CHOC|
|BC SUPERMOIST CAKE MIX VANILLA|
|BC SUPERMOIST CAKE MX BTR RECIPE YELLOW|
|BC SUPERMOIST CAKE MX BUTTER PECAN|
|BC SUPERMOIST CAKE MX BUTTER RECIPE CHOC|
|BC SUPERMOIST CAKE MX CARROT|
|BC SUPERMOIST CAKE MX CHOCOLATE FUDGE|
|BC SUPERMOIST CAKE MX DEVILS FOOD|
|BC SUPERMOIST CAKE MX FRENCH VANILLA|
|BC SUPERMOIST CAKE MX GERMAN CHOCOLATE|
|BC SUPERMOIST CAKE MX GOLDEN VANILLA|
|BC SUPERMOIST CAKE MX LEMON|
|BC SUPERMOIST CAKE MX MILK CHOCOLATE|
|BC SUPERMOIST CAKE MX RAINBOW CHIP|
|BC SUPERMOIST CAKE MX RED VELVET|
|BC SUPERMOIST CAKE MX SPICE|
|BC SUPERMOIST CAKE MX STRAWBERRY|
|BC SUPERMOIST CAKE MX TRIPLE CHOC FUDGE|
|BC SUPERMOIST CAKE MX WHITE|
|BC SUPERMOIST CAKE MX YELLOW|
|BC HSY RTS ALMOND JOY|
|BC HSY RTS CHOCOLATE CARAMEL|
|BC HSY RTS COOKIES N CREME|
|BC HSY RTS MILK CHOCOLATE|
|BC HSY RTS SMORES|
|BC HSY RTS SPECIAL DARK|
|BC RC FROSTING CHOCOLATE|
|BC RC FROSTING COCONUT PECAN|
|BC RC FROSTING CREAM CHEESE|
|BC RC FROSTING CREAMY WHITE|
|BC RC FROSTING DARK CHOCOLATE|
|BC RC FROSTING LEMON|
|BC RC FROSTING MILK CHOCOLATE|
|BC RC FROSTING RAINBOW SPRINKLE|
|BC RC FROSTING VANILLA|
|BC WHIPPED FROSTING BUTTER CREAM|
|BC WHIPPED FROSTING CHOCOLATE|
|BC WHIPPED FROSTING CREAM CHEESE|
|BC WHIPPED FROSTING FLUFFY WHITE|
|BC WHIPPED FROSTING MILK CHOCOLATE|
|BC WHIPPED FROSTING STRAWBERRY|
|BC WHIPPED FROSTING VANILLA|
|BC ANGEL FD CAKE WHITE|
|BC CAKE GINGERBREAD|
|BC CAKE PINEAPPLE UPSIDE DOWN|
|BC GF BROWNIE MIX|
|BC GF CAKE MIX DEVILS FOOD|
|BC GF CAKE MIX YELLOW|
|BC GF COOKIE MIX CHOCOLATE CHIP|
|BC POUND CAKE GOLDEN|
|PIE CRUST MIX|
|BC BROWNIE DARK CHOCOLATE FUDGE|
|BC BROWNIE FAMILY FUDGE|
|BC BROWNIE LF FUDGE|
|BC BROWNIE MX MILK CHOCOLATE|
|BC PREM BROWNIE MX PEANUT BUTTER|
|BC PREM BRWN MX ORIGINAL SUPREME|
|BC PREM BRWN MX TRIPLE CHUNK|
|BC PREM BRWN MX ULTIMATE FUDGE|
|BC SUPREME BAR MX COOKIE BROWNIE|
|BC HSY COOKIE MIX COOKIE N CRM|
|BC HSY COOKIE MX CHOCOLATE CHUNK|
|BC REESES COOKIE MX PNT BTR CHOC CHUNK|
|BC COOK MX PNT BTR SNK SZ|
|BC COOK MX SUGAR SNK SZ|
|BC COOKIE MIX CHOCOLATE CHIP|
|BC COOKIE MIX DOUBLE CHOCOLATE CHUNK|
|BC COOKIE MIX OATMEAL|
|BC COOKIE MIX OATMEAL CHOCOLATE CHIP|
|BC COOKIE MIX PEANUT BUTTER|
|BC COOKIE MIX SUGAR|
|BC COOKIE MIX WALNUT CHOCOLATE CHIP|
|BC COOKIE MX CHOCOLATE CHIP SNK SZ|
|BC COOKIE MX WHITE CHIP MAC NUT POUCH|
|WARM DELIGHTS-FDGY CHOC CHIP CKIE|
|WARM DELIGHTS-MOLTEN CHOC CK|
|BC MUFFIN MIX BANANA NUT|
|BC MUFFIN MIX CHOCOLATE CHIP|
|BC MUFFIN MIX CINNAMON STREUSEL|
|BC MUFFIN MIX LEMON POPPYSEED|
|BC MUFFIN MIX WILD BLUEBERRY|
|BC BROWNIE MIX FUDGE|
|BC MUFFIN MIX AUTHENTIC CORN|
|BC MUFFIN MIX BANANA NUT|
|BC MUFFIN MIX BLUEBERRY|
|BC MUFFIN MIX CHOC CHIP|
|BC MUFFIN MIX TRIPLE BERRY|
|BC PIZZA CRUST MIX|
|BC GF RICE FLOUR BLEND ALL PURPOSE|
|GM FLOUR ALL PURPOSE ENRCHD BLCHD PRSFTD|
|GM FLOUR ALL PURPOSE ENRCHD UNBLCHD|
|GM FLOUR BFB UNBL UNBR ENRCHD 5LB|
|GM FLOUR ORG AP UNBLCHD ENRCHD PRSFTD|
|GM FLOUR SELF-RISING ENRCHD BLCHD FRTFD|
|GM FLOUR UNBLCHD ALL PURPS ENRCHD PRSFTD|
|GM FLOUR WHOLE WHEAT 5LB|
|GMKT ALL PURPOSE|
|GMKT ALL PURPOSE|
|PB BISC BUTTERMILK 4P|
|PB BISC COUNTRY STYLE 4P|
|PB GRANDS JR GLDN BM 10CT|
|PB GRANDS JR GLDN LYRS BTR TSTN 10CT|
|PB BISC GRANDS BM 5CT|
|PB BISC GRANDS BM 8CT|
|PB BISC GRANDS BM RF 8CT|
|PB BISC GRANDS BT 5CT|
|PB BISC GRANDS BT 8CT|
|PB BISC GRANDS FLAKY BM 8CT|
|PB BISC GRANDS FLAKY BT 8CT|
|PB BISC GRANDS FLAKY ORIG 8CT|
|PB BISC GRANDS HM 8CT|
|PB BISC GRANDS SO STYLE 8CT|
|PB GRANDS BISC HMSTYL BLBRY 8CT|
|PB GRANDS BISCUIT HOMESTYLE CORN 8CT|
|PB GRANDS FLAKY HNYBTR 8CT|
|PB GRANDS FLAKY LAYERS ORIGINAL RF 8CT|
|PB GRANDS HOMESTYLE HONEY BUTTER 8CT|
|PB SIMPLY BISCUIT BUTTERMILK 10CT|
|PB CINN ROLL W/ICING SPECIAL EDITION 8CT|
|PB CINNAMON ROLLS CREAM CHEESE ICING 8CT|
|PB CINNAMON ROLLS WITH ICING|
|PB CINNAMON ROLLS WITH ICING 5CT|
|PB CINNAMON ROLLS WITH ICING RCD FT 8CT|
|PB FLAKY CINN ROLL BUTTERCREAM 8CT|
|PB GRANDS CARAMEL ROLL|
|PB GRANDS CINN ROLL FLAKY SUPR 5CT|
|PB GRANDS CINN ROLL W/CRM CHS 5CT|
|PB GRANDS CINN ROLL W/ICING 5CT|
|PB SWEET ROLL ORANGE|
|PB ARTISAN DINNER ROLL WHOLE GRAIN 8CT|
|PB ARTISAN PIZZA CRUST WHOLE GRAIN|
|PB BREAD LOAF CRUSTY FRENCH|
|PB BREADSTICKS ORIGINAL 12CT|
|PB COUNTRY ITALIAN BREAD|
|PB PIZZA CRUST|
|PB PIZZA CRUST THIN|
|PB CRESCENT BUTTERFLAKE 8CT|
|PB CRESCENT GARLIC BUTTER 8CT|
|PB CRESCENT RECIPE CREATIONS|
|PB CRESCENT ROLL 8CT|
|PB CRESCENT ROLL RF|
|PB GRANDS CRESCENT BIG & BUTTERY 8CT|
|PB GRANDS CRESCENT BIG & FLAKY 8CT|
|PB PLACE N BAKE CRESCENT ROUNDS ORIG 8CT|
|PB BD COOKIE OATMEAL RAISIN|
|PB RTB COOKIE CHOCOLATE CHIP|
|PB RTB COOKIE SIMPLY OATMEAL BROWN SUGAR|
|PB RTB COOKIE SUGAR|
|PB COOKIE CHUB CHOC CHIP 30 OZ|
|PB DOUGH COOK CHUB CHOCOLATE CHIP|
|PB DOUGH COOK CHUB SUGAR|
|PB GF COOKIE DOUGH CHOCOLATE CHIP|
|PB GF DOUGH PIE AND PASTRY|
|PILLSBURY REFRIGERATED PIE CRUST 2CT|
|PB GF DOUGH THIN CRUST PIZZA|
|Participating Nestle Items|
|NEST TH MORSL DK CHOC|
|NEST MORSEL DK CH/MNT|
|NEST TH MRSL HLDY R&G|
|NEST MRSL VAL DRK/RED|
|NEST SEM/SWT MINI MOR|
|NEST MORSEL SEMI SWT|
|NEST CHO CHUNK MORSEL|
|NEST MORSEL PBTR/CHOC|
|NESTLE MORSEL BTRSTCH|
|NESTLE MORSEL MLK CHO|
|NEST MORSEL PREM WHT|
|NEST DRK CHOC MORSL|
|NEST MORSEL PREM WHIT|
|NEST MORSEL MILK CHOC|
|NEST MORSEL SEMI SWT|
|CARNATION LOWFAT MILK|
|CARN EVAPORATED MILK|
|CARN EVAP SKIM MILK|
|NEST TH CKIE DOUGH|
|NSTL ULT CH CHP CHUNK|
|TOLLHOUSE CH CHP BRK|
|NSTL CH CHP CHUNK|
|NSTL MINI CH CHIP BAR|
|NEST TH ULT WH MAC NT|
|NSTL CHOC CHIP CKIE|
|NEST TH MAGICAL HLWN|
|NEST TH MAGICAL CMAS|
|NES OATMEAL CK DOUGH|
|LIBBYS 15 OZ PUMPKN|
There’s something pretty scary for a lot of parents on Halloween, and it isn’t ghosts or goblins; it’s FREE candy. How do we promote moderation when our kids are filling up on sugary treats? How do we allow our kids to experience one of the biggest joys of childhood – a night of costumes and free goodies – and still teach them what it means to be healthy? Halloween isn’t going away anytime soon (and let’s be honest – do we really want it to?), but luckily, there are a few tricks parents can learn to keep their kids both happy and healthy on the scariest night of the year.
When your kids go trick –or– treating, consider these tips:
Give out healthier snacks and see if other neighborhood parents would be willing to do the same. Here are some ideas:
- “Treasures” (non-food items) like bouncy balls, crayons, spinning tops, or stickers
- Whole – grain pretzels or mini bags of low – fat popcorn
- Freeze – dried fruit or mini boxes of raisins
- Pre -packaged apple slices or natural applesauce
Scale back on other less nutritious snacks around this time of year so the candy is essentially the only unhealthy treat eaten. Make it a rule to donate a certain percentage of candy they get. Some options for donating include:
- The military (overseas service men and women)
- Local food pantries and food banks
- Some schools and dentists
- Nursing homes and children’s hospitals – some even have programs for reverse trick – or-treating, where you and your children can dress up to hand out Halloween candy to patients
Turn it into a contest with siblings or friends: who can make their candy last the longest?
Use some of the candy to conduct kitchen experiments like the acid test: crush candies to dissolve in no more than ½ cup water, then add baking soda; see which candies have the most acid (which ones make the most bubbles)! What other fun ideas can you think of?
When your kids go to Halloween parties, consider these tips:
Take the focus at the party away from the food:
- Encourage active party games to help kids fit in their 60 minutes a day
- Hold a costume contest
- Let kids carve or paint miniature pumpkins
Make fun, but healthy, treats for snacking, like these Ghostly Bananas and Clementine Pumpkins:
To make Ghostly Bananas:
- Peel and halve each banana.
- To make the eyes, press 2 mini chocolate chips (pointy – side first) into each banana near the tapered end.
- Press a regular chocolate chip (pointy – side first) into the banana below the eyes to make the mouth.
To make Clementine Pumpkins:
- Peel each Clementine.
- Slice a celery stalk vertically into strips and then horizontally to make small, rectangular pieces -these will be the pumpkin “stems.”
- Press one celery “stem” into the top of each Clementine.
In the end, the most important thing to remember is that each child is different. Some kids will pace themselves with unhealthy food, while others, if given the opportunity, would eat a whole bowl of candy in one sitting. Different children benefit from different types and levels of rules and guidance, so it may take some experimentation to find a strategy that works for you and your family. Happy Halloween!
“SUPER BOWL TICKETS” SWEEPSTAKES AT SHOPRITE® STORES OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. THE “SUPER BOWL TICKETS” SWEEPSTAKES AT SHOPRITE® STORES (“SWEEPSTAKES”) IS ONLY OPEN TO LEGAL U.S. RESIDENTS RESIDING IN CONNECTICUT, DELAWARE, MARYLAND, NEW JERSEY, NEW YORK, PENNSYLVANIA OR WASHINGTON D.C. THROUGHOUT THE SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD WHO ARE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT THE TIME OF PARTICIPATION. SWEEPSTAKES SHALL BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO UNITED STATES LAW. DO NOT PARTICIPATE IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES UNLESS YOU ARE ELIGIBLE. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. HOW TO ENTER: Sweepstakes begins on September 8, 2013 and ends on November 30, 2013 (“Sweepstakes Period”).
There are 2 ways to enter:
- Purchase any PepsiCo, Campbell’s® ChunkyTM, M&M’s or Snickers product with your Price Plus® club card at a ShopRite® Supermarket (during store hours), during the Sweepstakes Period, and you will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. Price Plus® club cards are available at participating stores at no cost, see store’s Customer Service desk for details.
- If you do not have a Price Plus® club card, or to enter without purchase, hand print your first and last name, complete street address, daytime phone number, email address, and date of birth on a 3 ½” x 5” index card or piece of paper and place your entry into an outer-mailing envelope with appropriate postage and mail it to: Super Bowl Tickets Sweepstakes at ShopRite Stores, PO Box 1003, Dept. 863-736, Young America, MN 55594-1003. Entries must be postmarked by November 30, 2013 and received by December 6, 2013. Each entry must be mailed separately in a hand-addressed, stamped and postmarked envelope. No photocopied or mechanically reproduced entries accepted. Entry forms may also be printed at the courtesy of participating ShopRite® stores®
Click here to print Entry form
Entrants’ personal information will only be used to notify potential winners. Limit one (1) entry per day, regardless of the number of qualifying products purchased in a single transaction or method of entry. Sponsors and their agencies will not accept entries that are late, incomplete, misdirected, unintelligible, garbled or lost. Use of any robotic, automatic, programmed or similar entry methods or more than one (1) entry per day will void all entries and result in disqualification.
2. DRAWING: Winners (subject to verification) will be selected from all eligible entries received in a random drawing to take place on or about December 10, 2013 from among all eligible entries received by an independent judging agency whose decisions are final and binding. Odds of winning are solely dependent upon the total number of eligible entries received. Entries submitted during the Sweepstakes Period are only eligible for this Sweepstakes and do not remain eligible for any subsequent sweepstakes. Limit one (1) prize per person/household/mailing address.
3. PRIZES: Two (2) Prizes will be awarded. Each winner will receive two (2) tickets to Super Bowl XLVIII (the “Game”) scheduled to take place on February 2, 2014 in East Rutherford, New Jersey; one (1) double-occupancy standard hotel room for two (2) nights; and one (1) $500.00 pre-paid debit card which may be used towards transportation to/from Game. Pre-paid debit card is subject to terms and conditions as set by issuer. Seating assignments at the Game are subject to availability and change at Sponsors’ sole discretion. Sponsors assume no responsibility for canceled, delayed, suspended or rescheduled Game beyond their control. Transportation, accommodations, parking fees, meals, gratuities and all other expenses on the receipt and use of the prize not specifically mentioned herein is solely the responsibility of the winner and his/her guest. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each Prize is $8,000. Total ARV of all Prizes is $16,000.
4. ELIGIBILITY: YOU MUST BE A LEGAL U.S. RESIDENT RESIDING IN CONNECTICUT, DELAWARE, MARYLAND, NEW JERSEY, NEW YORK, PENNSYLVANIA OR WASHINGTON D.C. THROUGHOUT THE SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD AND 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AS OF SEPTEMBER 8, 2013. Potential winners may be required to provide proof of legal U.S. residency if requested by Sponsors to determine eligibility and as a condition of prize award. Pepsi-Cola Company, Campbell Soup Company, Mars Chocolate North America, LLC (collectively the “Sponsors”), Pepsi-Cola Company bottlers, Wakefern Food Corp. and its member companies that operate ShopRite® stores, all of their respective parents, licensees, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, suppliers, printers, distributors and advertising, promotional and judging agencies (collectively, “Sponsors and Promotion Parties”), the NFL Entities (as defined below), and the immediate family members (parent, child, sibling or spouse of any of the foregoing, including step-parent, step-child or step-sibling) and household members of such individuals (whether related or not) of each, are not eligible to participate or win.
5. GENERAL: This Sweepstakes is void outside of Connecticut, Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania and Washington D.C. and where prohibited or restricted by law and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. This Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the United States and of the State of New York, without respect to conflict of law doctrines. No substitution of prize is offered, no transfer of prize to a third party is permitted and non-cash prizes may not be redeemed for cash value, except as determined by Sponsors, in their sole discretion. Sponsors reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event any portion of the prize becomes unavailable. As a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, you agree that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in New York having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participants be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages, including attorneys’ fees, other than participants’ actual out-of-pocket expenses (e.g. costs associated with participating), and participants further waive all rights to have damages multiplied or increased. Prize winners will be solely responsible for paying all applicable federal, state and local taxes on prize. Prize winners will receive an IRS Form 1099 for the retail value of the prize. No groups, clubs or organizations may enter or win prizes. All other expenses on the receipt and use of the prizes not specifically mentioned herein are solely the responsibility of the winners. Any portion of a prize not accepted by winner will be forfeited. All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsors and will not be returned.
6. CONDUCT: By participating in this Sweepstakes, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the judges that shall be final and binding in all respects and warrants that he/she is eligible to participate in this Sweepstakes. The Official Rules will be available at participating retailers throughout the Sweepstakes Period. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification. Sponsors reserve the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes; or to be acting in any manner deemed by Sponsors to be in violation of the Official Rules; or to be acting in any manner deemed by Sponsors to be unsportsmanlike or disruptive, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A USER OR PARTICIPANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
7. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Sponsors and Promotion Parties assume no responsibility or liability for (a) any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, or for any faulty or failed electronic data transmissions; (b) late, lost, stolen, damaged, garbled, incomplete, misaddressed, postage-due or misdirected entries, mail or communications; (c) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of this Sweepstakes; and (d) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of the Sweepstakes. Further, Sponsors and judges are not responsible for communications which are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind or any participant’s inability to receive telephone calls or emails for any reason. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned for reasons which may include without limitation, infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, then Sponsors reserve the right at their sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes in whole or in part. In the event of any such cancellation, termination or suspension, a notice will be posted at participating stores and a random drawing may be held from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to such time. Sponsors reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to disqualify any participant (and all of his/her entries) from this Sweepstakes or any other promotion conducted now or in the future by Sponsors or any of their affiliates if he/she tampers with the entry process or if his/her fraud or misconduct affects the integrity of this Sweepstakes. Sponsors reserve the right to correct errors in promotional materials.
8. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Potential winners will be notified by phone at the phone number provided at the time of entry (or on file if they entered via Price Plus® club card) and will be required to respond to the phone call within twenty-four (24) hours to indicate whether he/she can accept the prize. If no response is received within the time allotted, an alternate winner will be selected. Sponsors are not responsible for suspended or discontinued wireless or land-line phone service which may result in a potential winner not receiving initial prize notification. Winners will be required to sign and return to Sponsors an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release with (where lawful) a publicity release within five (5) days of notification. Winners’ guests may also be required to sign and return a Liability Release prior to awarding prize. If a guest is a minor, minor must be accompanied at all times by his/her parent or legal guardian who must be the winner, and winner must sign a Liability Release on behalf of the minor. If any required documents are not returned within the required number of days, or if mail or prize is returned as undeliverable, without a forwarding address, then prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected. Any alternate winner selected will also be required to adhere to the time periods described herein. Any portion of a prize not accepted by winner shall be forfeited. Prizes will be shipped within 4-6 weeks of winner verification.
9. RELEASE OF LIABILITY: All entrants, as a condition of participation, and all winners, by acceptance of a prize, agree to release Sponsors and Promotion Parties and the NFL Entities (as defined below) from and against any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages or losses to persons and property which may be sustained in connection with submitting an entry or otherwise participating in any aspect of the Sweepstakes, the receipt, ownership or use of any prize awarded, or while preparing for, participating in, and/or traveling to and from any prize-related activity or any typographical or other error in the printing of these Official Rules or the offering or announcement of any prize. The winners shall bear all risk of loss or damage to their prizes and/or prize documentation after it has been delivered. Sponsors make no representations or warranties of any kind concerning the appearance, performance or safety of any prize; except for any express manufacturer’s warranty as may be included with the prize. Except where prohibited by law, winner grants to Sponsors the right to print, publish, broadcast and use worldwide in any media now known or hereinafter known, the winner’s name, voice, statement, picture or other likeness, without additional compensation, for public relations, advertising and promotional purposes as may be determined by Sponsors.
10. WINNERS’ NAMES: For the names of the winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to be received by January 10, 2014 to: “Super Bowl Tickets” Sweepstakes at ShopRite Stores Winners’ List, Dept. 863-736, P.O. Box 3000, Young America, MN 55558-3000.
11. SPONSORS: Pepsi-Cola Company, 700 Anderson Hill Road, Purchase, NY 10577; Campbell Soup Company, Campbell Soup Company, 1 Campbell Place, Camden, NJ 08103 and Mars Chocolate North America, LLC, 800 High Street, Hackettstown, NJ 07840.
12. QUESTIONS REGARDING THIS SWEEPSTAKES?: Send an email to email@example.com.
13. THE NFL ENTITIES: The National Football League, its member professional football clubs, NFL Ventures, Inc., NFL Ventures, L.P., NFL Properties LLC, NFL Enterprises LLC and each of their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, shareholders, officers, directors, agents, representatives, and employees (collectively, the “NFL Entities”) will have no liability or responsibility for any claim arising in connection with participation in this sweepstakes or any prize awarded. The NFL Entities have not offered or sponsored this sweepstakes in any way.
If you thought ShopRite® couldn’t improve on their chocolate and vanilla ice cream sandwiches, think again! ShopRite’s® low fat version of this all time favorite is a good source of calcium and low in cholesterol.
Fans of Hostess® brands have been awaiting the return of these delicious treats and we’re happy to say that the first batch of Twinkies®, CupCakes® and Donettes® are on ShopRite shelves as of July 15!
Production is just ramping up on these items, so we anticipate they will be in limited supply for a short time. We’ll restock them to our stores as soon as a steady supply of these Hostess® favorites resumes!
If you thought ShopRite® couldn’t improve on their chocolate and vanilla ice cream sandwiches, think again! Our low fat version of this all time favorite is a good source of calcium and low in cholesterol.
Preparing gluten-free family meals offers convenience, prevents singling out the gluten-free eater, allows you to prepare only one meal, and prevents the opportunity for cross contamination. If you choose to go this route, it’s important to educate family members especially your other children that they aren’t required to eat gluten-free outside the home.
Here are our tips and suggestions for easy gluten-free ideas for the whole family:
1. Keep a well stocked gluten-free pantry. Once you have the staples, you can whip up almost any dish without last minute trips to the supermarket. Stir-fry, pizza, tacos, soup and more all start with these basics. Here are our gluten-free staples to have on hand:
- Gluten-free broth – chicken, vegetable and beef (preferably reduced sodium)
- Gluten-free baking mix and flour blend
- Corn meal, gluten-free oats, gluten-free crackers and cereals, and gluten-free breadcrumbs
- Brown or wild rice, quinoa, gluten-free pasta and farro
- Gluten-free soy sauce (low sodium), ketchup, spices, marinades, dressings, vinegars and oils
- Gluten-free bread
- Gluten-free pizza crusts and tortillas
- Gluten-free waffles
- Gluten-free potatoes, French fries and other gluten-free grains like quinoa and rice
2. Gluten-Free “Go To” Dinner Ideas. Try these naturally gluten-free dinner ideas that don’t require a lot of adjustments. They’ll allow you to easily make one meal for the whole family.
- Stir-Fry – You can add variation to this dish by preparing it with pork, poultry, beef or seafood. Add new vegetables each time and serve with delicious naturally gluten-free grains like quinoa or rice. For flavoring, choose a variety of seasoning and gluten-free stir fry sauces to create new dishes each week
- Mexican Night! For something different, try a tamale pie. Simply bake corn bread according to directions on your package of gluten-free corn meal, and top with cooked shredded chicken and all your favorite gluten-free taco fixings and enjoy!
- Simple but Delicious- If you’re looking for an easy dinner idea without any substitutions, simply grill plain chicken, fish, pork or beef (if you use any marinade or sauce, be sure they are gluten free) and pair with naturally gluten free sides like fresh vegetables, roasted potatoes, farro, quinoa or rice.
3. Opt for naturally gluten-free snacks and dessert items. When it comes to snacks choose naturally gluten-free options such as low-fat dairy products, fruits and vegetables, nuts and popcorn. Here are a few ideas:
- Fat-free Greek or regular yogurt, low-fat string cheese and pudding
- Fruit cups packed in 100% juice or fresh fruit like apples, oranges, bananas and grapes.
- Gluten-free pre-made trail mix with popcorn, nuts, dried fruit and gluten free cereal. Add in unsweetened coconut shavings and gluten-free chocolate chips for an extra treat!
- Prepare a homemade fruit crisp with fresh or frozen fruit (recommended berries, apples or peaches) with gluten-free flour and oat topping.
ShopRite® Sugar Free Ready to Eat Chocolate and Vanilla Puddings are made with real nonfat milk and are a good source of calcium. With fewer calories than regular pudding, they’re perfect to enjoy and indulge anytime of day.